Chapter 10

The boys and I didn't stay very long at Jake's because we all knew that he wanted some alone time with Bella even if she made it clear that they were just friends. Let's face it though, in Jake's mind they were happily together. I'm some ways I wished that they would get together because Bella seems like her old self after only being around Jake for the afternoon.

But then there was the fact that Jake was due to shift within the next few weeks, just like Embry, and if Bella did decide to date him then she would just get heartbroken again as Jake would be forced to shut her out. It's kind of cruel when you think about it but it's a way of keeping her safe. The secret must be kept unless Jake imprinted on her, then he could explain everything.

I do know that if Edward decided to finally come back here soon, then there was going to be some very intense drama. Two supernatural creatures fighting for the love of one human girl who stumbled into this crazy world that was concealed within the normal world.

How's that for a love triangle? The last thing we need was more drama around here

Anyway, after leaving Jake's and making the journey down the dirt road Quil said that he had to go back home to help his grandpa with a few things. So that just left Embry and I going back to my house. We planned to watch some movies so I rummaged around the kitchen pulling out snacks, getting drinks and making popcorn while Embry picked the movie.

Walking back into the livingroom I placed everything down on the coffee table before plopping down beside him. Looking at the menu screen I began scowling because of his choice of movie. Why did it have to be a horror movie?

But then I realized that Embry isn't an idiot and knows that I scare every easily (Don't judge ok, when you spend the better part of a millennium living in fear of being killed then you tend to be skiddesh)

Not even 10 minutes into the movie and there was a jump scare which made me bury my face in Embry's chest with my eyes shut tight. I felt him laugh as he wrapped both arms around my back pulling me into him.

He soothed me by running his fingers through my hair "It's alright Nye it's just a movie love," and I felt myself blush. Luckily my face was still in his chest.

I looked up at him and his hair brushed against my cheek giving it a tickle. He was already gazing down at me, big brown eyes twinkling in the light casted from the flat screen TV. Time seemed to slow down as my senses blocked everything out.

Our bodies began leaning closer to one another as we stared into each other's eyes. I felt his heart accelerate beating in sync with my own rapidly beating heart. Feeling a strong pull towards him as our lips finally touched both our hearts slipping a beat.

The kiss was loving, sweet and gentle. Our lips were moving in perfect harmony as if they were meant to fit together. I felt him place a hand on my cheek as mine began running through his incredibly soft hair. After what felt like an eternity, we pulled away completely breathless.

Our faces were bright red as we smiled at eachother. My heart was beating so fast I felt like it might burst out of my chest, I was on cloud nine and it made me smile even more when I realized that in my four thousand years of life, he was my first kiss..

~~~

The next week or so went by in a blur as Embry began avoiding us. Poor Quil and Jake were very upset about it, as was I even if I did know the reasoning behind it. Embry finally shifted.

I went through my daily routine at school and the morning rushed by fast as it was now lunch time. Angela was telling us about a big black bear like creature that she'd seen in the woods the other day. I couldn't help it as my eyes went wide but for a different reason.

Angela saw Sam, in his wolf form. In fact there have been numerous "bear" sightings for the past few months which is getting out of hand. I'd have to warn the wolves to be a bit more careful when they do patrols or chase after nomads. It was then that Bella decided to sit with us for the first time in forever.

She confirmed the reports her father had been getting at the station causing Eric to defend Angela "Last time you clowns doubt my girlfriend," he exclaims being dramatic as always.
Meanwhile he was the one who was doubting her to begin with.

The rest of the day flew by and now I was walking along the beach with Quil because Bella and Jake went to the movies with some of our friends. I had a feeling that most of them would bale out but it was just a feeling.

I was lost in my thoughts when I was doused with water and I turned to see Quil giving me an innocent smile. When he saw my face he began laughing.

"You're on Ateara," I screamed as I shoved him into the ocean unfortunately he grabbed my hand taking me down with him so now we were both soaked.

Both of us laughed as we stood back up in the shallows, splashing eachother over and over until we were fully drenched. After a few minutes of this, we got out of the water and I swore a heard a growl.

About 10 feet away from us stood the pack in their usual attire of shorts and sneakers, only this time a new addition had been added and that was Embry. I figured out that it was him who growled, having seen Quil and I goofing around.

He had cut his hair and there upon his right arm, was the tribal tattoo matching those of his brothers. On top of that were the muscles that have become far more noticeable than the last time I saw him. The day he kissed me.

"Just as I feared," Quil says looking over at the pack and seeing Embry with them "He used to hate them and now he's apart of them," I heard the disappointed in his tone then I noticed they were talking towards us.

I knew they could hear us but I didn't want this to get awkward or worse. What was I going to do?