Chapter 59

Things were silent for awhile as everyone was taking in my story and letting it all sink in. The lesson I learned in all my time on earth is to never take anything for granted and hold the people you love close because one day they might not be there when you need them most.

Everybody's got a dark side, it's just some people show more of theirs than others do but it's nice to have someone to bring you back into the light. I never had that in my situation but I dealt with the consequences and earned a great respect for myself.

"I never knew how much our rivalry hurt you Cupcake," Quil finally says breaking the silence between everyone.  There was a pained expression on his face as if he was ashamed to have let me down. The others had similar expressions.

"I tried so hard to not let it effect me, but deep down I blamed myself. I created natural born enemies when all I wanted was a family, people who were timeless just like me," I explained letting out a heavy sigh, it felt great to get all of this off my chest as the weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"You could've told us how you felt Nye, we would've understood," Jared says shyly as he glared at his feet. I'm glad that they are willing to fix their mistakes as a means of making things right but it also saddened me that it took the pack breaking apart for this to happen. But I guess two packs are better than no pack.

"I've tried at times to tell you but before I met any of you it was just easier to keep my emotions bottled up inside, which isn't that healthy but it was normal for me at that time," I state being completely honest with everyone, not that I've ever lied to them, besides keeping Bella's secret for as long as possible. However that wasn't a lie.

"We're sorry we put you through so much pain these last few weeks. Our intention wasn't to hurt you. You're like a sister to us and we let you down," Paul says looking terribly sad about this whole situation even though he was just following the commands of Sam. That's who I was mad at, not the rest of them since it's incredibly hard to disobey a direct order from the Alpha.

"It's not you guys I'm disappointed at," I reassured them before turning to look at Sam "After everything that happened these last few years to protect Bella, you decide the best option is to kill her when she becomes pregnant with a hybrid child," I paused for a few seconds to give him time to say something but he stayed silent.

"If you had paid any attention or just given me time to explain things. Then you would've known that Renesme isn't a threat to anyone. You'd also know that we've been doing everything in our power to make sure Bella gets through this. We knew she'd never make it as a human but she just needed to hold on long enough for Edward to deliver the baby before injecting his venom into Bella's heart to turn her.

Imagine if it was Emily that was pregnant and someone wanted her dead because of the baby she was carrying. Or if it was my child, or Jared's future child or anyone else in the packs child. How'd you think they'd feel watching their imprints die along with their unborn child? How'd you feel?

It's the same way Edward would've felt if you'd taken Bella and his daughter away from him. How Rose, Emmett, Jasper and Alice would feel if you had taken their sister in law and niece from them. And how Carlisle and Esme would feel if you had taken their daughter in law and granddaughter away from them.

It's how I'd feel if Embry, Emmy and Cameron were taken from me. How Cameron would feel if you killed his imprint.

Due to the soulmate bond and imprinting we're all one big family now and families look out of eachother. It's time we all looked after one another because there's a storm coming and we're all about to be at the center of it. We need to protect eachother now more than ever,"............

Sorry it's mostly dialogue, this is just a filler chapter but hope you're enjoying the story and how do you like the new cover? It's by WHORV06 and she has a cover shop if you're looking for some nice covers then be sure to check her out.

Bailey