Chapter 39

Zoe’s P.O.V.

“ZOE TAYLOR MCKINLEY!” I heard someone shout and jolted up. Daddy’s home…

I looked over and Niall was still asleep. I slipped out from under his arm and walked out of the room down the hall. Once I was downstairs I saw my dad, guess he was too busy drinking to come pick up his daughter.

“Hey dad.” I said looking up into his bloodshot eyes.

“Hello Welcome home. Nice of you to come greet me.” He snarled at me.

“Nice of you to come pick me up at the airport.” I retorted crossing my arms.

“Get rid of the fucking attitude right now.” He snapped at me jumping forward.

“Don’t get pissed at me because you know that you were wrong. How the hell do you forget to pick up your daughter from the airport!? I was there for close to three hours!” I screamed at him.

“Whatever go make me some dinner I’m starving.” He says to me. Did Niall and I sleep that long?

“Make it yourself.” I growled at him. “Unless you’re too hammered to do that.”

“Watch yourself Zoell.” He smirked at me. He knew I hated when people called me that.

“My name is Zoe! And I won’t make you dinner do it yourself I’m not your damn slave!” I shouted getting in his face. I’m guessing my mom isn’t home…

“You’ll do what I say. I’m your father.” He spat at me getting angry.

“I don’t care, you aren’t a very good one!” I yelled back at him. His mouth formed a tight line and he raised his hand up.

“Excuse me!” I heard a familiar Irish accent say. I looked behind me to see Niall at the bottom of the stairs. “I hope you were not about to just hit her.”

“Maybe I was, maybe I wasn’t. Who the hell are you?!” My dad asked Niall clenching his fist.

“The names Niall, Niall Horan, your daughter’s boyfriend and you better not hit her.” Niall said to my dad with a warning voice.

“First of all I can do what I want, she’s my daughter. Secondly why the hell are you here?”

“Zoe brought me home with her for thanksgiving to meet her family… and yes she is your daughter and that does not mean you can hit her.” He growled at my dad.

“Okay I’m sorry you’re right son, but can you please leave us alone so I can talk to her.” My dad said to Niall in a sweet tone that made me cringe. Niall nodded, “Zoe I’ll be upstairs okay?”

“Uh okay.” I said looking into his crystal blue eyes. Did he really just buy that?

I watched as he walked upstairs and turned into my room. “Now listen, I don’t care if your boyfriends here or not, you will do what I tell you.” My dad whispered to me getting close to my face. “I never even told you that you were allowed to have one did I?”

“I’m 18 I can do what I want.” I hissed at him. “Not like you know, you didn’t even call me on my birthday.”

“It’s cause. I. didn’t. care.” He said simply shooting me daggers. I gasped and he smirked a bit. “Now make me dinner.”

“No.” I said defiantly standing my ground; I was too stubborn for my own damn good.

“I said fucking do it. I work all day long and to come home to an ungrateful bitch of a daughter is too fucking much.” Before I could say anything I felt a sharp sting on my left cheek. “Get the hell out of my face, I hate you.” He spat at me before walking away.