Chapter 31

Zoe’s P.O.V.

“Thanks Li.” I smiled slightly as he helped me put the stuff away.

“No problem Zoe, hey listen don’t be down about your brothers leaving. It’ll be okay, I promise.” He smiled giving me a nice tight hug.

“Sure…” I huffed leaning into the hug.

“Zoe we’re going!” I heard Zack call from the front door. I dragged my feet down the hall before stopping in front of my big brother.

“Already? Do you need me to drive you to the airport?” I asked looking up at him.

“No it’s fine, we had a car come get us… it’s really raining out there.” He sighed pulling me into a tight hug.

“Oh okay… I’m going to miss you… again…” I sighed wrapping my arms as tight as I could around him.

“I’ll miss you too. So sorry about all this, I was really looking forward to all of us being together again.” Zack frowned at me as he pulled away from the hug.

“I know, tell mom I said hi and uh dad to I guess. Uhm, call me when you land yeah?” Zack nodded his head before I walked over to Evan.

“Zoey! Come here!” He shouted pulling me into a hug and picking me up. “Ah I’m going to miss you little tike.” He grinned trying to lighten the sappy mood. He was always the one out of all of us that like to stay positive.

“I know, and I’m not that little!” I giggled wrapping my arms around his neck tighter.

“I know but listen I’ll call you whenever I can and I have a surprise for you when you come back for thanksgiving.” He winked at me as he set me back down on the ground.

“Okay sounds good.” I ran over to Nathan and tackled him to the floor. “Oh Nathan! I’m going to miss you the most!” I cried hugging him.

“Hey!” I heard Zack and Evan laugh but they both knew Nathan was the closest with me.

“I know Zoe, I’ll miss you too! I’ll call you if I get into any trouble… doubt I will without you there.” He smirked kissing my cheek.

I giggled and helped him up and walked over to the door where we did one last group hug.

Harry’s P.O.V.

I watched as Zoe and all her brothers said goodbye to each other and although she was smiling I couldn’t help but feel like she wanted to cry, I mean I would. Hell I cry everytime I have to leave my mum and sister when we’re on break!

I pulled Bella into my chest and kissed the top of her head as we all stood there watching them say goodbye.

“And thank you boys for letting us stay with you. It was really great meeting you all.” Zack smiled as they all shook our hands. “Bye Bella.” They grinned coming over and wrapping her up in a big hug.

“Take care of my sister.” Evan winked at Zayn as they walked back to the door.

“I will man, I’ll keep her out of trouble.” Zayn laughed giving Evan a bro hug. Aw.

I watched as Zoe walked her brothers out the door and heard her mumble ‘please don’t leave.’ She grabbed onto each of them as they tried to get in the car at the end of the drive way.

“Zoe we have to go, I’m sorry we will see you soon. Love you.” Zack told her as he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek before he slid into the car.

“No you don’t, please stay.” She cried stopping him from closing the door. I sighed and walked out the front door over to where Zoe was.

“Zoe let’s go, they have to leave.” I said to her as I pulled her back holding her arms. She started crying as he slammed the door shut and the car pulled out and drove down the street. “Let’s go inside.” I whispered to her as she hugged me staining my shirt.

Louis came up from behind me and took her from me and gave me a slight smile as he walked her up to the house. I shook out my hair and walked inside to see Zoe and Bella walking toward the back room.

“Poor Zoe.” Louis huffed plopping down on the couch next to me. All of us were quiet as we waited for Zoe and Bella to come back.

Zoe’s P.O.V.

Izzy and I sat in the back room and talked for a little before I collected myself. “C’mon let’s go, maybe the boys can cheer you up yeah?” She smiled helping me up.

“Yeah I just want to change first… I’m all wet from the rain.” I laughed sniffling a bit. I nodded and she got up and I followed her out. I walked upstairs to the bedroom I had stayed in with Nathan and rummaged through my suitcase looking for something else to wear. I noticed something shiny sitting on the dresser, Nathan’s necklace, he left it! I picked it up and held in in my palm.

It was a silver necklace with a wishbone on the end that he’s had since we were about 8. He won it at some stupid carnival but he never took it off.

I placed it around my neck so I wouldn’t forget it, I couldn’t wait to see him and return it. I sighed and got changed into something a little more comfy since I was due to stay here another two nights.

“Zoe!” Louis smiled as I walked down the stairs into the living room.

“Hey Lou.” I waved taking a seat next to him. He pulled me close to him and I leaned my head on his shoulder. “Why is everyone so quiet? And where is Niall and Demi?”

“Uh Niall and Demi are upstairs packing, they should be down soon. She said her car was going to be here in like 10 minutes.” Liam muttered lying down on the couch.  I nodded as Harry flicked on the television. And a picture of… me popped up?

“Ex-girlfriend of Niall Horan, Zoe McKinley, auditioned for XFactor? That’s right! The first episode of the new season aired tonight and sure enough she was there! Quite the shocker. After getting three yes’ she happily skipped off stage into the arms of her best friend, Isabella Hensworth, Harry Styles girlfriend. Congrats Zoe, see you in bootcamp!” The reported smiled.

“Aye look at that!” Louis laughed shaking me. I blushed and slapped his arm playfully as they showed my audition clip and the little interviews I did that day.

“Guys Demi’s leaving!” I heard Niall yell. We all got up off the couch and walked into the hall to where Niall and Demi stood. We all said goodbye to her before her and Niall walked out the door.

I started to walked back to the living room before it really hit me that my brothers left.

All of a sudden a wave of emotions hit me. I felt guilty, angry, depressed, sad, and horrible. I felt like I didn’t say a good enough of a goodbye. I fell to the floor onto my knees and began to cry again. I don’t know how long I stayed there but I eventually got up and walked upstairs laying down in bed. I pulled the duvet over me and buried my face in the pillows. I missed them. I closed my eyes and let sleep take me.