Chapter 32

I woke up hours later. I rolled over to see the clock read 11 o’clock. I sighed and pulled myself up out of bed looking out the window into the dark night. I walked down the hall to get a glass of water and heard a light noise. I walked over to the door and pressed my ear to it, crying? I looked to see I was at Niall’s room.

I debated going into see if he was okay and eventually decided against it. I walked down the stairs and saw Harry and Bella sprawled out on the couch, the room dark with only the light from the television.

I quietly went into the kitchen and opened the fridge pulling out a water bottle and taking a long swig from it. I sighed as the water chilled my dry throat. I walked over to the mirror and saw my reflection, oh my! I immediately went to the bathroom and washed my face free of any make up. I took my long hair and braided it to one side. Satisfied with myself I made my journey back up to my room.

Once again the sound of sobbing stopped me. I had to see what was wrong. I mean I know if it was me he wouldn’t care but in all honesty I still did care. I quietly turned the knob and peaked in to see the room completely pitch black. The only thing I could make out was a lump on the bed that moved up and down with every sob. I tip toed over and sat on the end of the bed unnoticed.

“Hello?” Niall’s shaky voice called out.

“Hey.” I whispered and the room fell silent. “Uh, you alright?”

“Uh, no.” He answered plain and simple. I sighed and moved closer to him.

“Why are you crying? And don’t say you’re not, I could hear you.” I said to him and heard him let out a quiet chuckle.

“Demi broke up with me.” He took a deep breath before continuing. “She made a fool of me. Broke up with me right in front of everyone… worst part was she made it look like I broke up with her. Sorry, it’s just weird talking to the girl I cheated on about breaking up with the girl who I cheated on her with.”

“It’s fine… but just saying I knew she was going to do it.” He sat up in bed and faced me. “I heard her talking about how she was using you for popularity for her new album.”

“Oh…” He muttered before lying back down.

“I’m sorry though. It sucks getting your heart broken and when someone breaks up with you.” I sighed and not only till after I said it did I realize how awkward I just made everything.

“Yeah now I know how I made you feel…” I heard him whisper quietly. “Do you still hate me?” He asked quickly sitting up.

“Uh… not really. I mean I never really hated you Ni. I told myself I did, but I don’t think I ever truly did.” I said a slight smile on my lips.

“Oh okay, I meant to give you this on your birthday… but uh you kind of walked out on me.” He reached over and opened a drawer pulling out a little box. He handed it to me after flicking on the light. I looked up at him and then back down at the box. I pried it open and pulled out a necklace.

“Aw.” I smiled opening it and seeing one of the very first pictures Niall and I took together. It was the one when we were at the amusement park and I was on his shoulders.

“Happy birthday.” He smiled and I crawled across the bed tackling him in a hug.

“Thanks Niall.” I giggled as he kissed my cheek. “And yeah, friends.” I grinned at him and he got a big goofy smile on his face.

“Thanks Zoe… I don’t really deserve a second chance but… thank you for giving me one, one more hug. I am a hugger!” He laughed and enveloped me into another hug. “Hey I can’t really sleep want to go watch television down stairs?”

“Yeah sure why not.” I shrugged as we got up off the bed and headed downstairs. I guess Harry and Bella woke up because they were no longer there.

Niall flipped on the television as I sat down on the couch. “So how are you and Thomas?” He asked his gaze fixated on the television.

“We’re pretty good, yeah. He’s really nice, nothing serious though.” I shrugged lying down.

“Oh that’s cool…” He trailed off and the room got this little awkward feeling. Then I remembered what Zack told me.

“Uh Ni?” I said sitting up and looking at him.

“Yeah babe?” He asked looking over at me. ‘babe.’ Oh.

“Uh I was talking to my brother about going home for Thanksgiving…” I trailed off and he looked at me waiting for me to continue. “And he told me that my mom is expecting me to bring you home…”

Niall’s P.O.V.

“Uh I was talking to my brother about going home for Thanksgiving…” She trailed off and I looked at her waiting for her to continue. “And he told me that my mom is expecting me to bring you home with me…”

I looked at her and urged to say ‘oh yeah let’s work things out again, date and go to your family.’ “Oh uh…” Close enough right?

“Yeah but I mean uhm it’s kind of weird… maybe not…” She started to bite her finger nails as she twidled her little feet. She was actually perfect… Niall you idiot how could you give her up! I never even realized how perfect she was. “Niall?”

“Oh yeah sorry… we will figure it out. We still have a month.” I sighed smiling. And just maybe, I could win you back… not likely.

“Alright.” She smiled slightly before lying back down.

I did love Zoe. I was a jerk and messed it up though. Stupid!

She would never take me back, she has Thomas now! Ugh.

Wait was I jealous?

Ah Zoe and Niall are friends again! Crappy chappie i know but hey, two updates in one day, woo! Okay let me know what you think about Thomas or Niall going back with Zoe! :)

~Liv xx