Chapter 22: Forgiveness & Goodbyes

Calum's POV

After Luke left, I went into his room to see Brooke asleep on the couch. Her eyes are red and puffy from all the crying I heard earlier.

I sit down softly on the edge of the couch beside her and just start playing with her hair. I don't know how long I sit there. It feels like hours, but it had to have been thirty minutes at the most.

She slowly starts to stir and her eyes flicker open. She looks at me clearly not expecting to see me.

"Calum, what are you doing here and where's Luke?" She sits up, and I slide down beside her.

"He left so I could talk to you." I attempt to give her a small smile, but she won't meet my gaze.

"Let me go clean myself up. I know I look terrible." She starts to get up, I grab her hand to stop her.

"I need to talk to you first. You don't look bad, you are still beautiful to me. Except for that shirt you're wearing." We both laugh, but she blushes from my compliment.

"Yes, I know. I spilled coffee-"

"I know Luke told me. I need to tell you that I am sorry for saying what I said and running out like that. When I saw you though, it all hit me." I take a deep breath because this next part seems so stupid.

"I thought Luke was right and you went back to him. He told me he kissed you last night, but that he is sorry for trying to come in between us. Do you think you could forgive me?" I look back to her eyes, only to see her looking down.

Brooke looks up at me and smiles. "Calum, I can't stay mad at you for to long. But, next time will you just let me tell you without you cutting me off and running out?"

"Yes, I will. I can't stay mad you either. Ya know, I never actually left. I stayed outside that door and it took everything in me not to run in the room and take Luke's place."

She crawls over into my lap so she has a leg on each side of me. "I know and I wish you would have."

With that said, I lean in to where our lips are just brushing and said, "We should go. We do have to pack and this is Luke's room." She laughs and I smash our lips together.

We were kissing for a little while, until we can hear someone clear their throat. I turn to see who it was, Brooke nuzzles her head in my neck.

"Way to kill the mood Luke." I tell him sarcastically.

He laughs, "I know, but you two are kind of in my room. I have the right to interrupt."

We say our goodbyes and thank you's.

--

Brooke's POV

Calum and I headed back to the house he rented and we started packing. The girls and my flight leaves at 12 pm. We have to go back to NYU. The guys' flight leaves at 1 pm. They have to go to London to work on the new album.

Distance, distance, distance.

While we are packing, it's quiet between us. It's an awkward and uncomfortable silence. I guess Calum noticed too because he begins to hum.

--

The whole time packing we didn't really talk. Just the occasional "where do you want this" or "did you get your..."

Calum placed our bags in the back of the car, and we made our way for the airport. I didn't want to deal with silence so I turned on the radio.

One Direction's You and I was playing, how ironic. I just hummed to the song, and I could see Calum glancing at me every once in a while.

--

When we got in the airport, I spotted Marie & Ashton and Michael & Emily kissing. Luke was walking back with some Starbucks. We walk over to them to find Luke has us some drinks too.

Luke spoke up, "Are you guys planning on doing long distance relationships?"

The girls look at the guys waiting for their answers. They look at each other and Mikey speaks for them.

"We are gonna try it and see how it goes."

Calum pulls me to the side. "Are you still mad or something?"

I shake my head. "No, I thought you were still mad."

He shakes his head too, causing us both to laugh. "With the silence I thought you were mad," he tells me, he takes my hands in his.

"That's pretty funny. We both thought the same thing."

I stand up on my tip toes and lightly press my lips to his. I went to pull back, but Calum places his hands around my back deepening the kiss.

My hands automatically find their way to the back of his neck to gently tug at his hair. We weren't sure how long it would be before we could feel this again, feel each other again.

"Hey, we are in public. Let's keep it PG people." We turn around to see Luke smirking. He wasn't only talking to Calum and me, but to all three of our couples.

"All flights going to New York are asked to start boarding." A lady comes over the intercom and we all groan in unison. The girls, we give our guys one last hug and kiss, and of course Luke gets hugs. Then, we make our way to the gate, only glancing back a few times.

--

*Edited*

Hey sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been a busy and didn't know how to word the chapter.

Since I'm getting better at writing and I see how I didn't do to good with my previous chapters. I promise to do better. Thanks for reading and for being patient with me.

Please vote and comment. 💝