Chapter 25: Max?

Calum's POV

"Okay fine. Why do you even care? It's not like we are even together right."

"Ya, you're right. Bye Brooke."

What the hell just happened? I know she didn't mean it, she is clearly drunk, but who the hell is Max? I don't think she ever told me about a Max.

Brooke is right though we are not technically together. I never asked her officially to be my girlfriend. Maybe if I did she wouldn't be with Max right now. Ugh I can't even say his name anymore.

I walk back in the living room where the guys are playing Call of Duty. I hope they didn't hear...

"What was that about?" Ashton asks.

"I don't really want to talk about it," I say while looking down.

Why am I never lucky?

"You don't have to sound so cold. We were just wondering," Mikey says.

"I know I'm sorry." I let out a deep breath.

"Just tell us what's the problem Calum." Luke pauses the game and they turn around to face me.

"Brooke never called so I tried calling her and she finally answered drunk at a frat party, I guess. I am totally fine with that, but I asked her if Marie and Emily left her there by herself." I take another breath and continue to tell them.

"She said Max was taking care of her. We got into a small argument and I told her not call me. Then, she said well it's not like we are even together anyway so I hung up."

Mikey and Ashton look like they probably would have said the same thing, agreeing with words after a minute.

Luke, on the other hand, is shaking his head.

"You idiot. Did she not tell you who Max is?" I shake my head no to Luke.

"Max is her older brother and if he was taking care of her at a frat party then, he is probably in the frat. He said when he went to college he was going be in a frat. Plus he would never let anything happen to her, especially if she's drunk."

Oh my God. Her brother? Why didn't I think of that? Of course I'm an idiot.

"Her...her brother?" I ask to make sure.

"Yes, now you need to call her and apologize. You don't have to worry. Max wouldn't let anything happen to Brooke. I don't know what he's gonna do to you now when he meets you. If you don't make it up to Brooke, you're screwed." I would laugh but, Luke looks dead serious.

What's her brother gonna do to me?

I grab my phone and run back to my room. I call and call and call but get no answer. Now she has turned her phone off. Awesome.

I guess I will have to wait until it's morning in New York and just call Marie. I know her and Brooke are closer than anyone. I remember when Brooke said they were practically sisters.

I hope she forgives me or at least gives me another chance. From what I have seen of her anger, she's probably going be pretty stubborn. I need to think of something to make it up to her.

I can't believe I am taking advice from Luke on his ex. At least he knows what he is talking about.

Maybe we can get off for a few days soon. I can make it up to her some how and ask her to be with me officially. I haven't been in a relationship really. I know Brooke said she hasn't really had one either since Luke. I just don't know what to do.

--

*Edited*

Thanks for reading and waiting on me to update. Please vote and comment I could really use your input, after all y'all do read this story. If you have any suggestions those would be great too.
I'll try to update every week. Thanks again. 💚