Chapter 39: Telling Calum

Brooke's POV

It's been a week since Max left, a week since the girls and I have had 'the talk'.

I have been thinking about it quite a lot lately and Calum has noticed that something is off about me.

I really want to talk to him about it, but there's this part of me that's worried.

I know that Calum loves me and I love him, but there's just something that keeps bugging me. I can't figure out what it is yet though.

Anyway, everyone went out tonight after a big concert. I told them that I didn't feel like it and to go without me.

Of course it took a lot of convincing of Calum to go. The truth is that I want to think about this one more time and come up with my answer.

--

Earlier, I video called Max to see how everything went at home. He had a great time according to him.

It didn't take long for me to grow bored of watching TV. I want to do something more that will take my mind off of things.

It doesn't take me long to find something that I always love to do. I went to the backyard of the house that we are currently staying at with my mind on a mission.

I find a good place to lay down so that I have some light, since it is just after sunset. I stretch out on the grass.

I love to make the most of a warm night, being most of the time it's pretty cold everywhere we go this time of year.

The only problem is, is that I can't concentrate on the romance novel in my hands. My mind keeps going back to the reason why I'm out here in the first place.

My mind is going back to the tall, Australian musician that stole my heart. The words in the book seem to float together as I try to think.

Ever since Calum has come into my life, its been amazing, but there has been some bumps in the road. Most of them, have to do with the fact that he is famous. Some, on the other hand, have been just because this is a relationship.

I attempt to go back to reading my book a little bit longer, enjoying the peace and quiet.

That is until I feel someone's presence above me. I can't help but to let a smile creep onto my face.

By the time I roll my head to the side, I see Calum is already laying beside me on the grass. He took my book and folded the page before closing it.

He places the book on the other side of him and he leans over to peak my cheek.

"Hello beautiful," Calum said just above a whisper.

"Hi," I whisper back while smiling. "I thought you were out with the guys."

"I was, but I couldn't stay out while leaving you here by yourself."

To be honest, I am happy that he is here, but then another part of me wishes he would have stayed out.

Calum reaches his arm over my middle. At first, I don't know what he is trying to doing. Now, I see him pull up one of the daisies that is beside me.

"A beautiful flower for a beautiful girlfriend." His gaze traveled up to my face as he grinned at me.

My short, brown hair was fanned out around me on the grass. I smile as he shifts to hover over me. He places a knee on either side of my waist.

"Calum, nobody has ever looked or spoken to me the way that you have," I let my thoughts out in the open.

"That's because nobody has figured out how amazing you are," he countered.

Most of the time when we get time to ourselves, he makes me feel like we are the only two people in the world.

In this moment I realized, it's Calum. I want to give myself to him. He can have me, all of me. Now, I desperately want him.

He smiles and dips his head to kiss my neck. I raise my hands up to grip his nape.

I wait a few minutes, to give myself the courage to say it.

"Cal?"

He hms in response as he continues to kiss and gently suck on my neck.

"I think I'm ready," I barely whisper.

Calum heard, but I'm not sure if he understands. He stops kissing my neck as he processes my words.

It doesn't take him a little too long to catch on for my liking. His body seems to tense above me, he's not quite sure of his next move.

I slid my hands into his hair, to guide his head up so I can see his face. Our breathing is heavy as he rests his forehead on mine.

"Calum?"

"Are you sure?" His voice was hoarse and I can tell that in his gaze there is worry.

I give him a small nod. My fingers slip from his hair as he gets up.

Once up, he extends his hand to me and I take it. He lifts me to stand in front of him.

We walk back into the house and take our time going up the stairs to the bedroom we share.

Before opening the door, Calum turns around and presses a gentle, but passionate kiss to my lips. It doesn't last long, but it does help to ease my nerves a little.

--

*Edited*

Thanks so much for reading. Vote and comment please. I would love to know your thoughts.

Here's another warning, if you can't tell, the next chap will be mature. Sorry of its not the best, but this will be my first chap like that.