Chapter 14: New Year's

Calum's POV

"5-4-3-2-1 HAPPY NEW YEAR."

Everyone is screaming it. I am pretty sure that everyone is past drunk too, so that adds on to the excitement.

Usually the lads and me have a party ya, but this time we have actual dates instead of just hookups. It seems to be a good change though.

Right after we are done counting, I close the small space that is in between Brooke and me.

My curiosity wanted to look and see if everyone else was kissing too, but I only wanted my full mind to be focused on her.

Her small, plump lips and her warm touch. Her fingers automatically go to play with my hair on my neck.

My hands go around her waist to bring her as close as I possibly can.

While we are kissing I can't help but to think about the way it feels, the way she tastes. This isn't the first time that I kissed her and tasted sour cherry vodka.

We keep kissing until we run out of breath. Brooke tries to pull away, but I can't let her just yet.

When we do finally pull away, I lean back down and give her a quick kiss on her forehead.

"Happy New Year, love." I can always see the way that her eyes light up when I call her nicknames like love and babe.

I love to see that genuine smile and sparkle in her eyes. I want to be the only one who can make her that happy.

"Happy New Year, babe. Thanks for making it the best one that I've had too." She couldn't help but to let out a small giggle escape her mouth when she called me babe.

"The morning is not over yet. Do you want another drink?" I ask while I take her cup.

I honestly don't know why I asked. I know that she wants another drink.

Brooke just smiles and nods her head. I head to the kitchen to grab us some more drinks.

--

Brooke's POV

Cal left with our cups to get us another drink. To be honest, I don't know how much more that I can hold.

Well, at least it's New Years.

While I wait for Calum to come back, I just play with my hair. I was going to go talk to some of the girls again, but I can see that they are busy at the moment.

I look up to see Luke's date stumbling towards me. I don't know what to say when she approaches me.

"Um hey. You must be Brooke." I just stare at her at her like what do you mean.

"Ya. That's me and you are."

"Morgan. Luke has told me a lot about you."

"Really, I hope it's all good." I fake her a small smile.

"You don't remember me do you?"

I look at her confused. Remember you? I don't know if it's the alcohol or that I just don't remember.

"I'm Luke's cousin. We kinda met a few years ago at his birthday party. I didn't get to stay to long."

Wait his cousin. What? Why would he have his arm around her waist and treat her like a date.

I didn't think to look and see if they kissed earlier. What if she's just drunk and doesn't know what she's saying?

"You are his cousin?" That's all that I can make out to say. I am way to drunk to deal with this and her right now.

"Ya. I was in town to see them perform and he mentioned that he was coming to a party. I asked him if I could come."

I just nod and take it all in.

"Well Morgan, I am glad you came tonight. I'm sorry that I don't remember you. It's probably just the alcohol ya know."

She smiles and then runs away towards the bathroom. I'm surprised she could even talk right, let alone recognize me.

I'm interrupted in my thinking when Calum comes walking back up.

"Brooke, is everything okay?" I can see the concern in his eyes.

"Yes it's fine. I just talked to the girl that came with Luke tonight."

I can barely read the hint of anger on his face when he frowns even though he's trying to hid it.

"I apparently already knew her. She's Morgan, his cousin. I met her a few years ago at his birthday party she said."

--

I can not even open my eyes my head hurts so bad. This has to be the worst hangover I have ever had.

Maybe Calum was right to tell me to slow down. Of course being me though, I didn't listen I never have.

When I finally get my eyelids to flutter open, I wake up lying in the bed with arms wrapped tightly around my waist.

I just pray that they belong to my brown eyed guy.

As I try to get up, I hear the familiar groan of the one Calum Hood. He doesn't want to get up and right now I don't blame him.

"Cal, come on we have to get up and make sure everyone left. We also need to clean up ya know." That made him groan even louder.

"Cal. Cal. Calum." I sing.

"You have to get up. Do you want me to go make you some coffee?" This time he doesn't groan which could mean that I'm getting closer.

I crawl over on top of him while his hands let go of my waist. I lean down and gently nibble on his ear.

He immediately grabbed my waist and flipped us over.

"I'm up. I'm totally awake."

He starts kissing from the corner of my mouth, and then moves down my neck. I put my hands on his chest to try to push him off.

"Good. Now come on. We have to clean up." He stops and looks at me.

"I thought after you did that, that maybe we could stay in bed a little longer." He said with a grin and mischievousness in his brown eyes.

"Cal, you know I would love to but maybe not today. I have a lot to do and you said that you needed to talk to the guys today about the upcoming tour."

"We are not going on tour yet. We have to go to London to work on our new album." I gave him a quick kiss and we get up to start getting ready.

--

I am happy that he wouldn't have to be traveling night after night just yet. I am still sad that they are going to London though, but the girls, we have to go back to New York. I just don't know what we are going to do.

Are we going to try for a long distance relationship or are we going to break up?

I hope that we can keep up with each other, with the different time zones and everything. I do know that when he goes on tour it's probably going to be different.

From the stories that I have heard, I know that the guys always like to be single while on tour.

Maybe this one will be different.

--

*Edited*