Chapter 10: First Night and Confessions

Calum's POV

I can't believe that I had it in me to ask Brooke to stay with me for a few nights in this little house. It was Ashton's idea, I have to give him credit. I honestly don't know why or what it is, but I seem to be drawn to her.

I think that Ashton talked about this idea with Marie though, so he would know what Brooke likes. I thought that maybe if I can get her away from Luke, he won't be a problem for us either.

I have been thinking about taking her out to dinner or something tomorrow and try to bring up the subject. I hope that she will tell me everything so I will know that I do have nothing to worry about.

The image of her and Luke on the beach, drunk or not, I can't get it out of my head.

--

I pull Brooke to the backyard and I can tell when she sees what I have fixed for tonight (picture at the top). Her eyes seem to sparkle in the light while a smile grows on her face.

"Wow, Calum. It's amazing." I turn and smile back at her as she looks around in awe.

We take a seat and I go to start the movie until she stops me. "Calum?" She smiles and looks at me with glossy eyes.

"No sweetie. Don't cry unless those are tears of joy. I don't like seeing you cry."

Brooke looks down as if she has done something wrong. Then, she looks back up to me and says the words that a was a little scared to hear.

"I need to tell you something, that I know you are not gonna like. I'm sorry. Really I am so sorry that I haven't told you before."

Before she evens starts to tell me, I can feel my heart beating so fast it might come right out of my chest.

--

Brooke's POV

I can't help but to cry. At first it was because I was happy. Now it's because I have to tell him. Here he is, he got us a little condo to stay in for the rest of the week. I want to tell him everything, but I don't know where to start.

"Brooke, you know you can tell me anything. It's okay. You are really starting to scare me though."

Calum tries to smile, it only comes out half way. He takes my hands in his, and I try to start the explanation.

"Please just listen to everything I have to say before you judge, okay?" I can tell that he is nervous. He just nods his head and squeezes my hand.

"When Luke and I were in the 10th grade, we had the same schedule. Over time we talked and became friends. My old best friend, Stephanie, dared me to go out with Luke for a few months. When we started dating we were in our junior year of high school." I take a breath before I continue.

"Instead of wanting to win the dare, I started to fall for him. I told Stephanie that I was done with the dare and made her promise never to mention it again. She agreed and we never talked about it anymore."

"When it was our senior year, I thought it was Luke texting me to meet him in the gym while everyone was at lunch. Of course I went to meet him, only he wasn't alone. It looked like he had Stephanie pushed against the wall. Only later I found out she had him pulled against her."

My eyes drop down to look at the ground. I don't know if I can finish the rest. Every time I think about it, I feel so stupid.

Calum takes his hand under my chin. He makes me look up to meet his eyes and continue with the story.

"They were making out when I got there. It looked like more, but I couldn't keep watching. I ran out of the gym. Luke followed and stopped me. He said that she was the one who started it and that he was really sorry. What I don't think he got was that I thought she was my best friend. It broke my heart to see that though."

"It just so happened that his best friend, Alex, was walking by. I grabbed Alex by the arm and pulled him to me. We started kissing for just a few minutes. Luke pulled Alex away, but somehow in the process I fell backwards landing on my wrist and breaking it."

"I didn't go back to school for the rest of the week and ignored all of his calls and texts. My brother, Max, made sure that when ever he came by our house he never made it through the door. A few days after, I listened to all of the voicemails he left me. That's when I found out that he was moving and changing schools. I haven't heard from him or seen him since the concert the other night."

When I finish, I can't really read Calum's emotions. He stands up and turns around around facing opposite or me.

Is he mad at me for what I did? Is he mad at Luke?

He turns back around and retakes my hands. Then, he pulls me to stand up with him. We are staring into each other's eyes, and I'm waiting for him to say anything.

I was stupid back then and so was Luke. We just weren't meant for each other. I guess what they say is right, 'first loves never last.'

"Brooke, I don't care about any of that. You said that I have nothing to worry about and I have chosen to believe you." I try to interrupt him, but he puts his index finger on my lips.

"I know that we just met a few days ago. I really like you though. I'm not going to hold your or Luke's past against either of you."

I'm pretty sure that my eyes start sparkling and I feel a huge smile on my lips after hearing those words.

Every time I am near Calum, I get nervous and just get butterflies in my stomach. I have felt so drawn to him. I love the feeling. It's something I never felt with Luke.

"Calum, I really like you too." He gets a huge smile on his face after I say those words.

He leans down and I try to raise up some on my tip toes. We stand there for I don't know exactly how long in the moment enjoying each other's kiss. All I know is that I hear the movie playing in the background.

I'm so happy that Marie took me to the concert.

--

*Editied*

Thank you for reading. I really appreciate it. Please vote and comment.