Chapter 45: To Be Continued...

Calum's POV

I slowly start to wake up with a sense of something being wrong. As I rub my eyes, I become disappointed to find Brooke isn't in bed. Turns out, I was actually cuddling a pillow.

I prop myself up onto my elbows so I can look around the room. I check the bathroom and decide to go ahead and throw some water on my face to help me wake up.

I noticed Brooke has already showered and gotten ready. She must have went out with the girls or something for breakfast.

I go back around and find a bottle of water and some painkillers, downing them instantly to get rid of this headache. She must have left them before she left.

I still have this feeling in my gut that something is wrong. I check my phone only to find it dead. Great, hopefully I haven't missed anything important.

As soon as I plug in my charger, I hear pounding on the hotel room door. I rush to the door to find a very worried looking Ashton.

"Good morning," I say worryingly.

"Um...did you just wake up?"

"Yes, why?" I answer him.

"Have you checked your phone this morning?" He keeps dodging me.

"No it's dead. Ash, your starting to scare me," I chuckle nervously.

"Calum, I have to tell you something," he scratches the back of his neck nervously.

I nod for him to continue. "Brooke went out for breakfast with Luke. He said he wanted to talk to her. They were um... they were on their way back when, there was an accident."

I sit back on the bed, not quite sure how to react to the news.

"Ash, I had this feeling ever since I woke up a little bit ago." He sits down beside me and pats me on the back.

"Are they okay?"

"I don't know. Everyone else just left to go to the hospital. I thought I should tell you and drive you to the hospital."

"Thanks Ashton," we get up and start out of the hotel.

"No problem Calum."

--

The whole ride to the hospital was quiet. I was fiddling with my fingers and my leg couldn't stay still, it was constantly bouncing up and down.

The car ride seemed to take forever. I was looking out the window and it was like the world went into slow motion.

Ashton talked to me once in a while telling me 'everything is going to be fine' and 'we just have to wait to ask the doctors.'

His talking helped some, but didn't put me to ease a whole lot. Not knowing if your brother and the love of your life is okay, takes its toll on you.

When we get to the hospital, we don't waste time getting into the waiting room and trying to find a nurse.

"May I help you?" A nurse asked without even looking up from her computer.

"We need to find Luke Hemmings and Brooke Williams," I tell her in one breath.

I start to hear crying so I look up to explore the waiting room. My eyes land on Marie, now crying on Ashton, Emily and Lily with tears in their eyes, sitting on either side of Mikey.

"Mr. Hemmings can be seen, he only has bruises and cuts, with a broken arm." The nurse says as I turn back around to face her.

"And what about Brooke," I let out a sigh of relief after she tells me about Luke.