Chapter 33: Meeting Max

Brooke's POV

I start running to him as fast as I can. I can hear Calum behind me trying to get me to stop, but Calum doesn't know who he is.

When I get to him, he hugs me and picks me up off of the sand. I hug him just as tight. I bury my face into his chest and his face goes into the crook of my neck.

"I missed you, Max."

He chuckles before answering me, "I missed you too, but we just saw each other like three weeks ago before you left." As we pulled away I slapped his chest playful.

"Okay, okay sorry." He says as he pretends to be hurt. Calum comes up behind me and wraps an arm protectively around my waist. He doesn't know that this is my brother.

"Brooke, what the hell was that?" Calum looks at me before glaring at Max. Max just has a smirk on his face, waiting on me to explain why Calum is trying to protect me from him.

"Well... Calum this is my brother, Max. Max this is Calum, my boyfriend." I can hear Calum gulp and then Max's expression hardens. Yup he's coming back to the protective mode.

"Your brother?" Calum asks nervously looking Max up and down. See Max is several inches taller than Calum and most other people too. So he uses the intimidation to his advantage especially when it comes to me.

Max sticks his hand out to shake with Calum and he slowly accepts. "So that means you saw and possibly heard us just a little bit ago?" Calum asks.

"Yes, I sure did. The "I love you" huh?"

"Now Max, I know what you're going to say but..." I try to stop Max.

"Brooke, would you save it. I just want to get to know Calum here that's all." Max gives me a small smile, trying to be innocent.

"Bull." Max blinks a couple of times at me confused. I might as well try to tone down my brother before he scares off Calum.

Oh did I mention as soon as Calum found out he's my brother, his arm dropped from around my waist.

"What did you say?"

"I said bull. Max I know what you are going to do. You are going to try to scare Calum." I look right into his eyes and see him smirk.

"Of course that's my job. I'm just going to find out his intentions that's all. Dad isn't going to..."

"Stop," I cut him off. I don't want Calum to know about that part of my past just yet and here goes Max about to spill it.

Max realizes what he was about to say and his eyes widen. "Oh Brooke, I'm sorry I wasn't going to." I look down and shake my head.

I turn back to Calum and give him a quick kiss. "It's okay, it's just a talk right. How bad could it be?" He tries to joke.

I lean to his ear, "I love you." He smiles and says it back, "I love you too."

I head back to the hotel with just a few tears in my eyes. I am really happy that Max is here, and I know that he is just trying to look out for me. I understand and I do appreciate it.

I just don't need him to go and tell Calum about our parents just yet. Marie is the only one who knows beside Max and me. I would like to keep it that way for a little bit longer.

--

*Edited*

Thanks so much for reading. Two updates in one day (:

Please vote and comment your thoughts thanks.