Chapter 4: Waffle House

Brooke's POV

I wake up with Calum's arms tightly wrapped around my waist. I look around and it looks like we are in his hotel room. He has clothes kind of everywhere. So it's not hard to guess its his room.

The last thing I remember last night was when we were on the beach kissing. I must have fell asleep when we sat down watching the waves crash onto the shore.

The more I struggle to get free from his grasp the tighter it gets. After about five minutes I think I hear him mumble out a no.

"Calum, wake up. Cal," I shake his shoulders a little and his eyelids flutter. He wakes up and realizes he has a hold of me. He turns me over so I am facing him. We are so close our noses are almost brushing touching.

We stay like that for a while just looking in each other's eyes. He reaches his hand up to push a strand of my hair behind my ear.

Soon as I feel his touch, I get the feeling of butterflies in my stomach. I know it sounds so cliché but, it's the truth.

"Good morning beautiful." I just know that my checks are turning red.

"Um....How did we end up here?"

"While we were sitting, you fell asleep on my shoulder. I didn't want to wake you up so I carried up back. I hope you didn't mind."

"No, it's fine. I was just wondering. Thanks," and I give him an innocent smile.

"Why don't we get some breakfast?" I nod and he gets up while pulling me with him.

I guess he does feel the same way about me as I feel about him. I wouldn't mind being in a relationship with Calum. I haven't had a serious one since Luke so that makes me a little nervous.

After what happened I didn't really trust guys as much because I was worried that they were going to break my heart like Luke did.

"Why don't you go ahead and take a shower. I'll run down to Marie's and mine hotel room."

"Okay. When you get done you can come back, I'll get everyone else so we can get breakfast."

"Sounds like a plan." Before I left he gave me a quick peck on the lips.

--

Luke's POV

I saw Calum carrying Brooke into his room last night. I can't help but to wonder if she told him anything about us. I will probably know in a little bit. He will either yell or he could punch me, if she told him everything.

I honestly hope he can take better care of her than I did. I do hate just how bad I hurt her. It wasn't all my fault, but me drinking didn't make it any better though. She was in the wrong too. Her reaction was uncalled for.

I hear someone knocking on the door and when I open it, Calum and a surprised Brooke are standing on the other side of the door.

"Hey, we were thinking about going to the Waffle House for some breakfast. Care to join?"

The words slip out of my mouth, "Yes sounds great. I'm starving."

When we get to the lobby, I see Marie and Ashton talking. I almost walk into some girl that's heading straight for Mikey. Wait that girl looks so familiar, Emily?

Brooke walks over and hugs her.
"Hey, I see you met Michael."

Emily smiles and says, "Yes, Thanks for inviting me. We actually have a lot in common."

"I knew you would and don't worry about it."

When we were in high school, Emily and Brooke were rivals, they hated each other. Brooke has changed a lot and it looks like for the better. She's still pretty quiet though.

I feel my heart stop beating when I see Calum and her holding hands. I feel a pang of something, possibly jealousy. I don't know why though. I have feelings for Brooke, but not the same as when we were together those years ago.

--

*Edited*

Thanks so much for reading. Please vote and comment.