Chapter 37: Not Mad?

Brooke's POV

"Max!" Marie, Emily, and Lily come running up for a hug at the sight of my brother.

"Hey girls." It's good when family is close to friends like this.

Ashton and Mikey stand up to take their places beside their girlfriends. Calum is standing beside me with our hands intertwined.

"Ashton, Mikey this is my brother Max. Max, these are Calum's friends Ashton and Michael."

They shake hands as I turn my attention to the person hiding behind Ashton.

"Luke?" I call out, making Lily pull him out in front of Max.

"H...hey Max," Luke stutters not making eye contact.

I look up to Max seeing him smiling, not grinning or smirking. He is actually smiling.

"Hey Luke. How have you been?" Max asks and shakes hands with Luke while we are looking dumbfounded.

Max is being nice to Luke. Luke is as shocked as we are, looking back at my brother like he grew another head.

"You... You're not mad at me? I mean the last time you saw me, you kind of punched me in the face." Luke asks while scratching his neck nervously.

"I know, but that's the past right. You two made up and you're friends now. So why should I still hate your guts for breaking my little sister's heart like that."

"Max," I hit him on the arm. That's the brother I was looking for. He does still hate Luke, but he's trying not to.

"What? I was just stating something."

Luke gulps and takes a step back beside Lily. She grabs his hand and gives him a small smile.

"So the guys have a concert tonight. Shouldn't we start to head for sound check?" Marie cuts in and I give her a look that says 'Thanks.' She gets it and nods.

--

We make it just in time to sound check, after a small argument of who got to sit where. The guys are on stage practicing while the girls and Max are watching in the front row.

I can't stop laughing because Calum keeps making funny faces. Right after he would make me laugh, he would lose his place. That caused Luke to throw a chip at him.

It was all basically just fun and games until they really needed to practice.

I lay my head on Max's shoulder, but have to move around a little bit to get comfortable.

"Are you almost done there princess?" Max chuckles.

"It's not as comfortable as it used to be. Why did you have to get buff on me?" I tell him causing us both to laugh.

"Well sorry. Football does that to a guy."

"Whatever," I say as I close my eyes.

Big mistake. A chip hits me right in the forehead.

"Dude!" I shout looking around. Luke is pointing at Calum and Calum is pointing at Luke.

"Okay, guys it's show time," the stage manger says.

We get up and walk backstage. Someone grabs my hand and pulls me back into a dark hallway.

"Cal, you're gonna get in trouble." I mumble while leaning in at the same time he does.

"So...What's your point?" He leans back in.

We have a heated make out session until we hear something over the intercom.

"Calum, will you come on. You can suck Brooke's face off after the show." That's definitely Mikey's voice and the crowd starts screaming louder.

"Just go," I push him away.

--

Calum comes running up to me after the show completely covered in sweat. I pushed him away again and into the dressing room so he could shower.

He's the last one to shower and still hasn't gotten done yet. Everyone else already left to get on the tour bus.

I just scroll through my Twitter mentions. Some fans are happy that I am making Calum happy. Others are pissed that I am taking their guy.

The hate doesn't really bother me anymore. At first when I started spending a lot of time with him, the hate really got to me.

Now, I understand that the fans are jealous. They would do anything to be in my position right now.

-

"You're not on Twitter are you?"

"Calum, you scared me." I dodge his question while putting my phone in my back pocket.

"Were you?" He asks again, taking my hands in his.

"Yes, but don't worry. I'm good." I tell him honestly.

"Good," he gives me a peck on my forehead and hugs me tightly.

"Let's head to the bus, ya?" I nod and we walk out of the venue back to the bus.

--

*Edited*

Sorry it took so long. Thanks for being patient.

Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment. I would love to know what you guys think.

I'm going to end the book soon, but I am going to do a sequel. I was thinking about calling it "Close As Strangers".

Let me know what you think.