Chapter 42: Finding Out

Brooke's POV

"Okay seriously, what's going on?" Luke spoke out of nowhere.

Marie and I are watching the guys at sound check. While Emily is curling Lily's hair back at the hotel.

"What are you talking about, Luke?" Mikey asks catching everyone's attention.

"Something has been going on for about a week with Calum and Brooke."

Calum and I look at each other confused before looking back at Luke.

"Ever since Max left. Does this have anything to do with the fact that he made you promise to take care of her?"

Luke still has us confused, "Never mind."

I don't understand Luke and apparently neither does anyone else. Maybe I can talk to him tonight after their concert.

--

The guys had their goofy sound check and an amazing concert once again tonight.

We were still buzzing after the concert, and since the guys have tomorrow off, we thought it would be a good night to check out a local club a lot of people have been talking about.

Calum is getting dressed while I'm in the bathroom doing my make up. I still haven't gotten dressed yet, but I know what I am planning on wearing.

It's a mint green, thigh length dress with a lace neck line and sleeves. To go with the dress, I have a pair of black heels.

I didn't notice Calum come into the bathroom until I see his reflection in the mirror.

"Why do you wear so much make up?" He asks.

"I don't wear a whole lot actually," I say as I start to put it up, just finishing up with a little bit of pinkish lip stick.

I turn around to see him sitting on the closed toilet lid. I walk over to him and he puts his hands on the back of my bare thighs, since I'm wearing a pair of shorts.

Calum pulls me so I end up straddling him.

"I have to get dressed though," I whisper to him.

"I know, can't you wait a minute though," I nodded. "Do you want me to see what Luke was talking about earlier?"

"It's fine, Cal. I will ask him before we go in the club tonight." He looks up at me to be sure, and I lean in to kiss him.

I get up and go into the room so I can get dressed.

"I'm going to go see if everyone else is ready and I'll come back to get you." Calum tells me and gives me another kiss before he leaves.

--

"You look beautiful."

"Thanks Marie. Y'all look amazing too."

We meet up in the lobby of the hotel. Everyone starts to head out with Calum and me in the back.

"I'm going to talk to him real quick," I tell Calum. He gives my hand a squeeze and walks to catch up with Lily.

"Hey Luke?" Luke stops and walks back over to me.

"Ya, what's up?"

"I was wondering, what did you mean earlier at sound check?" It takes him a minute before he catches on to what I am asking.

"Oh that. It's just, you and Calum barely leave each other's sight. You guys are constantly in some sort of physical contact, either holding hands or his arm wrapped around your waist."

It takes me a minute and I understand what he is talking about. It's been a week since me and Calum had sex.

Ever since then, we have had a stronger bond. That includes the fact that Calum has been even more protective.

"Um...about that, it's nothing really." I try to get Luke away from thinking of anything because I know his reaction.

"No there is something. You know you can tell me anything, right?" Luke takes my hand and gets me to look up at him.

"It's really nothing Luke." I turn and start to walk off, that is until he grabs my elbow to stop me.

"Wait. It doesn't have anything to do with Max, does it?" I shake my head no.

"Don't tell me... no you wouldn't do that. You told me you wanted to wait until marriage or you at least found the right person."

I look down at the floor so I don't have to look him in the eyes. I know what's coming, I know what he's going to say.

"Brooke, did you two... You wouldn't even come close to that with me."

I take a small glance up at Luke, only to see him looking down and shaking his head. He releases my elbow and slowly starts to turn around.

"I can't believe that." He turns back around to say one last statement to me, "I really hope he doesn't break your heart."

Luke walks away and out the back door, leaving me standing there thinking about what he said.

--

*Edited*

Thanks so much for reading. Please vote and comment your thoughts.