Chapter 27: Secret Trip

Brooke's POV

~ 5 months later (May 2015) ~

We finally get out for the summer. Thank God. It was so much work having to study so hard for the exams. We were running on very few hours of sleep and hundreds of cups of coffee.

What would the world be without coffee?

All of us four are majoring in writing, but we have different ideas of our jobs once we graduate.

I would like to get some of my short stories published. I am just a really hard critic when it comes to my own writing.

Marie wants to travel the world and interview different celebrities.

Emily wants to work at a high class fashion magazine or an art magazine.

Lillian, she is similar to me. She wants to publish more than just some short stories though. She wants to publish novels that could be as good as The Hunger Games or Harry Potter. Lillian is a much better writer than I am to be honest.

--

I am walking back to our dorms with Marie and Emily, Lily is back at the library. Like seriously, we just finished our exams and she is already back at the library. My phone starts ringing and when I check the ID its Luke.

Of course I answer and put it on speaker. "Hey Luke."

"Hey Brooke. How's it feel to be on break for a few months?" We immediately laugh at his question.

"It's amazing. Just can't wait to find another beach again. How's the tour going for you and the guys?"

A few months ago the guys left London, and went back on tour.

"It's really good. I was wondering, I have a question for you three."

"Ya, shoot."

"Well we are going to be in Dublin, Ireland as you know. There's a concert a week from today and I thought I could send some plane and concert tickets. Maybe the lads need a good surprise from their girlfriends and friends. So what do ya say?"

Immediately, Marie and Emily agree, can't wait to see their boyfriends, but I hesitate.

"I don't know if it's a good idea for me to come guys." The girls whine and practically beg me so I finally give in.

"Fine. Just two requests please. First, not too much PDA please. Second, could you make it four tickets? We have a friend who might like to come. She could really use a break too."

"Okay done. I will buy the plane tickets and they will be waiting at the airport Thursday. You ladies can hide out at a hotel I will set up for you and surprise the lads at the concert. Front row tickets, by the way, so they can see you. I will text Brooke with the details."

Marie and Emily start celebrating while I talk to Luke for a few more minutes.

We finally make it back to the dorms. Marie and Emily leave to go shopping for the trip while I stay and think about the trip.

In other words, thinking about seeing Calum again. After I apologized and told him how I felt, like Max told me to, he said that it was okay and that he understood. We have talked and texted every chance we got. We actually have became really close friends now.

I am really glad that I did go to Max for advice. He has been in one serious relationship and it was working out very well. It did until she had to move away because of her scholarship.

Nicole was a dancer and she was accepted to go to an amazing college in London. She had always wanted to go there ever since she started dancing. They didn't think that they would be able to have a long distance relationship even though they really did love each other.

It broke my brother's heart. He did learn from that experience though. That's why Max is so protective over me. He always makes sure that even if a guy even looks at me, he scares them away. Ever since Luke.

It's not that Max has to try hard. He gets his looks from our dad. I, on the other hand, get mine from our mom.

Mix is over six feet tall and is built. He
plays football, the quarterback, so of course he loves to work out. He has jet black hair and hazel eyes. He loves the attention, but hasn't dated anyone since Nicole. That relationship ended like two years ago.

I always try to tell him he should get back out there.

--

Now I think that I maybe ready for a relationship with Calum. The question is does he still feel the same way that he felt all those months ago?

I would love to talk about it with him. I am just not quite sure how to approach the subject. I think I may just keeping playing as friends and hope that Calum says something about us.

I have became great friends with Luke again too. He told me that Calum hasn't found anyone else and he thinks that I should talk to Calum. Luke, Max, and Marie are the only ones who know that I do really like Calum. I have only told them. Luke promised that he wouldn't say anything to anyone else and I actually trust him.

Luke has been very persistent about getting Calum and me together. I have told him that it was no use and we will be together if and when we think is right. We don't need his help. He just will not listen to anything we say.

I have a week to prepare for what I'm going to say to Calum. I hope it all goes well.

--

*Edited*

Thanks so much for reading. Please vote and comment.