Chapter 31: Making Up

Calum's POV

I slowly try to open my eyes. Thankfully, the curtains have not been pulled back yet. My head is killing me. I shouldn't have drunk so much last night. I can't even remember what happened after we got to the club.

I reach over to find Brooke, but my hand doesn't seem to find her. I remove the pillow from my face to look. She's not in the bed. I look around the hotel room and once again, nothing. She's nowhere to be seen.

On the night stand, I can see a bottle of water and some Advil. At least she did leave me something. I kind of thought Brooke would leave a note, but she didn't.

She probably went to get breakfast or something. I keep looking around. Then, I noticed something, her luggage is gone too. Maybe she just went ahead and took it to the bus. I don't know I just shake the thoughts from my mind, but I still have bad feeling.

I get up and take the medicine. I finish off the whole bottle of water. I think it might be good if I take a warm shower.

I lazily make my way to the bathroom.

-

I get out of the shower and dress in my usual clothes. I went across from my hotel room to talk to Luke. Maybe he has seen or talked to Brooke this morning.

I knock a few times before Luke comes and opens the door. He looks like I just woke him up. He is still wearing his clothes from last night.

When he sees that it is me, it looks like he's mad or something. I can tell his jaw is tensing, and he moves over so he was blocking my view into his room.

"What do you want Calum?" He says rather harshly.

"Well hello to you too. I was wondering if you have seen Brooke?" I ask him. He reluctantly opens up the door more so I could walk in.

"Ya she is sharing the other bed with Lily." He waves his hand over to her direction.

I turn to look and there she is still asleep. Lily is up and when she sees me, she walks into the bathroom without a word or second glance.

I slowly walk over to where Brooke is sleeping, and I was about to wake her up when Luke stops me.

"Why don't you let her sleep a little longer. She didn't get much sleep this morning." He suggests causing me  turn around to face him confused.

"Why is she in here anyway?" I ask Luke.

"You can talk to her after she wakes up. Calum, go get some breakfast, Brooke will probably wake up in a little bit. Just let her sleep." I nod and head to the lobby to get breakfast.

Brooke slept in Luke and Lily's room, but didn't get to much sleep. Why did Luke say to ask her when she wakes up?

I can't remember anything that happened last night. The last thing I remember I think, is Brooke and I dancing. Everything else is just a blur. While I eat, I try my best to remember what happened.

-

I got done with breakfast in the lobby and made my way back to my room to pack up my things. It took me about ten minutes to get everything back in my suitcase.

I grabbed my suitcase and made my way back to the tour bus. We have another concert tomorrow night and we need to get back on the road.

I still can't remember what happened, and I hope that Brooke is already on the tour bus so I can talk to her.

I have been checking my phone all this morning and I haven't received a text or a call. I have tried to text and call her, but it went unnoticed.

I haven't ran into the guys or girls either yet. When I get to the bus, I see that everyone is already here.

Ashton, Marie, and Brooke are watching a movie up front. Ashton is the only one who turns to look at me as I walk by. I place my suitcase in the back near my bunk.

I thought Luke and Lily were still going to ride with Brooke and me.

I walk back up to the front and take a seat beside Brooke. I went to swing my arm around her shoulders, but she leans up at the last second causing my arm to fall behind her.

I take my arm back and give Brooke a confused look. She doesn't even look at me. Ashton looks over and gives me a small smile.

I reach my hand over to take Brooke's, but she crosses her arms over her chest so I can't. Then, she gets up and walks to the back of the bus.

"Marie, what's wrong with her?" Marie turns to me and once again someone is mad at me.

"If anyone should know what's wrong, it's you." Ashton squeezes her hand and speaks up.

"Calum, you should talk to her."

I jump up and quickly make my way to the back of the bus. As I walk by the bunks I see that the curtain is pulled back to Brooke's bunk.

I snatch back the curtain to be face to face with her back. I climb up and squeeze in. Brooke is trapped so she has to talk to me.

"Babe what's the matter?" I gently ask while stroking her long hair. She slowly turns over making our faces be so close that our noses brush.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" She questions, her eyes searching my face.

"No I don't. Why, what happened? I have been trying to remember all day."
I tell her honestly. She looks down and starts playing with the sleeve of my shirt.

"You had a lot to drink. We were dancing and you were saying a few things so I thought it would be good to bring you back to the hotel room."

She stops to take a deep breath. I tilt her head up so she could look at my face. I give her a small smile to tell her to continue.

"Right when we got into the door, you pushed me up against it. I didn't see anything wrong with it. I thought we were just going to kiss. You took it to the next level. I didn't want to. I told you that I wasn't ready and you got pissed. So I just showered and left."

I did that? I don't remember any of that. Brooke is looking at me waiting for me to say something. The problem is I don't really know what to say.

I caress her cheek as she closes her eyed and leans into my hand.

"Brooke, I am so sorry. I was stupid, I was drunk." She turns her head and kisses my hand.

"I know, but still I got mad because you got mad at me. I couldn't though, I'm just not ready for that." She whispers the last part.

"I know that. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," she says trying to convince me.

I lean in at the same time she does. Her hands wrap around my neck to play with my nape. My hands move down to her waist.

We share a slow and gentle kiss before I speak up, a small smile tugging on my lips.

"Just say you are still mine." Brooke smiles and nods her head. I pull her back into a kiss.

--

*Edited*

Thanks so much for reading. Please vote and comment.