Chapter 19: Hotel

Brooke's POV

I had to leave, to just get away from him. I couldn't stand there and listen to Calum if he wasn't going to tell me what was said between him and Luke.

I am going to the one place that I know that I can get answers. I am heading to Luke's hotel room.

I get in the elevator and I am already so nervous. I don't know exactly how to ask him. When the elevator stops, I take my time walking to his room.

I hesitate to knock, but I go ahead. It takes him a minute to come to the door.

"Oh. Hey, I thought you might be coming." Of course he has that signature smirk on his face.

"Really and what made you think that, Hemmings?" I call him out as I enter his room.

"You haven't told him everything about what happened between us. So he didn't tell you what words me and him exchanged earlier."

"Okay fine, you caught me. What did you two say to each other after everyone left the table?" He turns the other way so he wasn't facing me.

"If Calum wouldn't tell you what makes you think that I will tell you?"

"Well, the smirk on your face when I showed up and the fact that you said you were expecting me."

"Okay, you got me this time. I will tell you if after I tell you, you stay and watch a movie with me."

I think about it for a few minutes, but I agree. I really want to know what happened tonight. I doubt even if I go back to Calum, he still won't tell me. Luke is my last chance.

--

"And that's what happened. Word for word until you showed up." I sit there thinking about what Luke has told me.

"I need to tell you something else Brooke." I nod to let him know to continue. "You know I didn't mean to sleep with her, don't you?"

He took his hand and raised my face up so I had to look him in the eyes.

"Ya I know. When I found out though, I just couldn't ya know? I know you were both drunk but, I just couldn't get over it."

"I know and I'm sorry. I didn't want our relationship, let alone our friendship to end like that." I know he didn't, but that's how it did.

"Ya, we can't go back and change the past though Luke."

He made me turn around to face him, and he put his hand on my cheek.

No. No.

I know what's going to happen and it can't. I can't stop myself or him though. He leans farther down and the next thing I know I feel his lips on mine.

We stayed like that with our lips moving in sync for a few minutes. I don't feel what I used to feel. I especially don't feel what I feel now when I kiss Calum.

What the hell am I doing?

I think about how his lips and hands fee nothing like Calum's. I realize what I am doing and I push Luke back.

"I can't Luke. I'm..I'm with Calum. I knew coming here was a bad idea anyway. I really should go. Thanks for telling me what happened."

As I reach for the door handle I feel his hand grab my arm and turn me around, again, to face him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. Please stay. You promised me that movie remember?"

That's right. Oh God, I have messed up so many times today. Everything just keeps going wrong.

--

We finally settled on a movie. He sat on one end of the couch and me on the other. I was so drained I knew I wouldn't make it to the end. He will probably wake me up when it's over. I feel my phone keeps vibrating so I finally pick it up.

"Yes Calum, what do you want?" I look over and put my finger over my lip to make sure Luke knew to be quiet.

"I wanted to make sure you were okay and find out when your coming back."

"I told you I don't know if I'm coming back there tonight or not. I am perfectly fine and if I get any trouble I will call you. Okay?"

"Okay. I just wanted to say I'm sorry, and be careful. "

"Yes I know. Of course I'll be fine," with that I hang up on him.

Luke raises his eyebrows, "Please don't say anything and just watch the movie. I don't need your input Luke."

He looks back at the TV with a small smile. "Fine, I won't say anything."

Thank God. I really don't need to here him right now.

I feel my eyelids getting heavier and heavier, until I can't keep them open anymore.

--

Luke's POV

The movie is finally over. I turn to look at Brooke and she is fast asleep. Now what am I supposed to do?

I decide to pick her up bridal style and carry her to my bed. She can sleep here and I will take the couch. Maybe she will call Calum in the morning and they will be okay.

I can't mess up their relationship anymore. It's up to her now. I know she doesn't have strong feelings for me because of the way she kissed me. I also realized how much I don't like her like I used to.

When did everything become so complicated?

I make it back to the couch and lay down. As soon as I put my head on the pillow, I was out.

--

*Edited*

Plot twist....

I'm gonna try to update at least once a week. Maybe I can fit a few updates in a week. Thanks so much for reading. Don't forget to vote and comment. ⭐️