Chapter 2: The Party

Luke's POV

How am I supposed to feel when my past catches up with me? I want to be angry because she showed up again in my life, but it's not her fault.

When our eyes locked several emotions came flooding to me: happiness from all of our memories together, sadness and guilt for what happened at the end, and finally anger for her showing back up.

I hate that she still has this pull over me even though I haven't seen her in years. That day still haunts me sometimes. No matter how hard I try to forget or try to push it back, the memories still come through once in a while.

--

I can't believe Brooke showed up here. I thought I would never see her again. I couldn't help what I said or how my words came out to her. She just surprised me by being here.

She said her friend had brought her here and she didn't know that it was our concert. I can understand that, but then Calum had to invite them to the party.

I have been here for a few minutes and it doesn't take long for me to spot her walking in. Brooke still looks beautiful in a black dress.

Her friend, Marie I believe, is wearing a similar dress to her's only a peach color. My eyes soon wonder back to Brooke only to meet her hazel ones.

I quickly look away and shake my head in attempt to stop thinking about her like this. I just need to talk to her again. I started off wrong earlier. If Brooke becomes apart of my life again, I need it to be good between us.

Slowly making my way over to her, her eyebrows knit together. My shy smile is only starting to confuse her. I stop short of her noticing her eyes following an approaching Calum.

He whispers something in her ear, clearly trying to talk so she is able to hear. Brooke smiles and Calum takes her hand, leading her to the drinks table behind me.

"I'm glad to see that you showed up tonight. I didn't think you would come." Calum speaks up to where I am able to hear their conversation.

Yes, and I can't believe you invited her Calum, I add to his statement mentally.

Ashton walks up smiling and greeting both girls. "Hey, Marie great to see you again."

On the way to this party, I asked Calum and Ashton why they would invite these fans to come with us.

Apparently Ashton and Calum have already grew to liking to them. Ashton has from the chat he had with Marie, turns out they share the same interests.

Calum just said that there is something different about Brooke. Something that is drawing him in and he intends to find out what. I know what he means, but I kept that to myself. I don't think he would be to happy if he knew the past.

I can't help myself any longer so I turn around, "Brooke, can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Of course." She follows me with another confused look, into a quiet hallway.

"Listen, I am sorry for hurting you. Just don't hurt Calum for something that I did, okay? He doesn't deserve that." She looks completely surprised by my outburst.

I guess today is full of surprises.

--

Brooke's POV

I can't believe what I just heard him say. Does he really think that I am the revenge type of person? Does he remember me at all?

I just nod my head, "Don't worry I don't want to hurt him either."

I start to walk back to Calum but I turn to face Luke again.

"I can't believe you think I would do that. You should know me better than that." I turn around and decide to leave him standing there.

"What was that all about Brooke?"

"Nothing just don't worry about it Marie."

I was surprised once again, this time about her asking me a question in front of the guys. Usually she gives me a look and we would talk about it later. Thankfully though, she goes back to her conversation with Ashton.

"Would you like to dance with me?"

"I would love to," and with that it was just Calum and me.

"Would you mind dancing with me?"

I don't want to copy the same thing Marie said but it's actually how I feel too.

"I wouldn't want to do anything else." Calum smiles, intertwines our fingers, and leads us to the dance floor.

As his hand just brushes mine before taking it fully, the feeling feels almost electric. It grew when our hands were intertwined.

In that moment I couldn't believe I was dancing Calum Hood or Marie was dancing with Ashton Irwin. It was all a dream come true except for the fact that Luke was watching us the whole time.

--

*Edited*

I know that was short, but I hope y'all like it. Don't worry in the future you will find out what happened between Luke and Brooke.

Feel free to leave comments so I know what you guys think. Please vote too. Thanks so much