Chapter 5: On The Way To The Beach

Calum's POV

While we were at the Waffle House, Brooke had her head resting on my shoulder. We haven't really talked a whole lot since last night.

I just can't shake the feeling that she didn't tell me everything that happened between her and Luke.

I don't want to bring it up again. She told me I had nothing to worry about. Luke just keeps watching us like he is waiting for Brooke to say something to him.

Luckily, she hasn't said anything to him since the party after the concert last night.

There's just one thing that keeps bothering me. Why would Luke break her heart, what went wrong? I will have to wait until she opens up to me again,  hopefully it won't be to much longer.

--

Now that everyone is done eating, I wonder what we are gonna do today.

"So what's on today's schedule?" No one seems to have an answer.

Brooke looked up at me, "We could all go to the beach and have a picnic or something?"

Ashton smiles at Marie and says, "That sounds like a lovely idea."

Everyone but Luke agrees to go. "What do you say Luke, you want to join us?" I glare at Mikey, if he doesn't want to go then he doesn't have to.

Luke makes eye contact with me. "I don't know if that's a good idea."

"You don't have to stay at the hotel by yourself. If you want to come, you should." Brooke surprises me and Luke when she talks. Luke smiled at her then back at me and agrees.

"Ya, that sounds like a great idea."

Brooke nods her head, lays it back on my shoulder and stays quiet until we make it back to the hotel.

--

Brooke POV

I can't believe I invited Luke to come with us to the beach. I just felt bad for him to stay by himself.

These are his friends and he should spend time with them besides just as a band.

He just better not do anything to mess up whatever me and Calum are.

--

We make it back to the hotel to change. Marie has a black bikini and I have a dark green one. We both grabbed band tees and some shorts to wear over our bikinis.

Calum and Luke have on yellow swim shorts while Ash has red ones and Mikey has blue ones.

We left there after almost two hours and went to Subway to get the sandwiches for the picnic.

Finally, at about noon we make it to the beach. I have missed the beach so much. Ever since I moved to New York, I haven't been able to go to one because of college. Living in a place that's always cold, kills going to the beach.

Mikey reminds me that Emily couldn't come. I sometimes forget she has to work. She is in college with us, but she does modeling on the side. The main reason why she came here to LA, is because of a rare modeling opportunity she earned.

I can't believe today is Sunday. Which means in a week we have to go back to NYU. Our Christmas break will be over. I also forgot that in four days it will be New Years too. Seriously, where has the time gone?

I just hope we can celebrate it with the guys. The way its going and the closer we are becoming with the guys, I think it's safe to say that we will be spending some more time with them.

My thoughts are cut short when I turn and look to see Calum staring at me.

When I turn to look at him, he looks the other way with a smirk on his face. I just lean over and rest my head on his shoulder again. He wraps his arm around me and I am pulled into his chest. It's actually pretty comfortable.

We have a lot of room because he called an Uber for us to use instead of walking.

He starts to hum a familiar song and I feel his chest vibrating. The vibrations with his humming makes my eyelids get heavy, slowly pushing me into sleep.

--

Calum's POV

Brooke was so excited to get to go to the beach again. When I look down though, she's fast asleep. She looks so peaceful and cute when she's sleeping.

I let everyone else get out of the Uber then I try to wake her up.

"Brooke, we're here. It's time to get up, love."

She slowly opens her eyes and sits up. "I'm ready. Let's go swim."

I chuckle surprised by her sudden burst of energy. She grabs my hand and pulls me to the edge of the water.

--

*Edited*

Thanks so much for reading. Please vote and leave your feedback.