Chapter 9

"Wow, you're leaving for work so early?" Lila teased. "Your new boss has done more good than bad to you." 

A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. I was in no mood to argue with her. "Silly." I stood in front of the oval-shaped dressing mirror, adjusting the collar of my pink button down shirt. 

"Gosh, you're also dressing like you're going to work and not a club." She looked truly dazzled, buttoning her shirt. 

"Silly." I chortled, brushing my hair and tied it into a ponytail. 

"Why did you change the color of your hair? I liked it blonde and shoulder-length." She walked to the nightstand and poured herself a glass of water, pulling its brim to her lips. 

"I don't know, I just felt like changing my look." I leaned forward to the mirror, scrutinizing the spot of my forehead that previously had a bump. "Finally smooth again." I smiled sheepishly at my reflection. 

She cleared her throat. "Let's get going." 

"Hang on." I ran to my bag and took out my black scarpin heels, sliding my feet into them. 

I hung the black bag on my forearm then left the room with Lila. Thank goodness, she was going to drive me to work today!

***

"I balanced it all into one file, Mr. Hendrix." I walked up to Hames and dropped the big file on his table, picking my phone from the top of the file. 

He glanced at them then raised his head to me with a positive nod. "That's good." He rose to his feet. "Do I have an appointment with anyone again today?"

"Uh…" I raised my phone to my face and opened his schedule for today on my phone. "Yes, you have an appointment in twenty minutes with…" my eyes widened at that. "Amanada Hart." Gosh, I had totally forgotten about his date with Amanda. 

"Okay, and you're coming with me." He reminded me, picked his jacket from his chair and wore it, turned around the table. 

"May I know why I have to go with you?" I asked out of curiosity. 

He snapped his head in my direction with an icy stare. "Amanda is a friend of mine and she'd constantly pester me. She wouldn't believe that I have to leave for other important things so you'd be there, incessantly reminding me and her that I have to leave in a few minutes. You're not to say or do anything much but sit beside her so she watches what she says. She's a blabbermouth and it's very annoying but she'll mind her words in your presence." He explained. 

It didn't make so much sense to me because that meant I had to attend his date rather than do other things I preferred to do with myself. 

I sighed. "Okay."

"Meet me at the parking lot in five minutes." He said and turned around to leave. 

After he had successfully shut the door, I groaned, muttering cuss words to myself before leaving for my office. 

I wore my blazer around my body, brushed my hair, slipped my phone into my bag, hung the bag on my forearm and left my office. 

I took the elevator to the ground floor. 

"You're leaving already? Lucky you…" Sarah heaved a sigh. 

I didn't bother to respond to her and left the building to the parking lot. There were so many cars and it freaked me out a bit. They looked so neat and expensive.

Hames was resting against a Porsche 911 Carrera with an indifferent look on. 

"Will you hurry up? I don't have all the time on Earth to waste." He opened the door to the passenger seat.