Chapter 13

"You're so lucky, you're going to Australia." Nikita plopped her chin on her palms, with her tummy flat on the bed, throwing her legs up in the air. 

"How's that anyhow lucky?" I wondered, folding my clothes into my travel bag. 

"How isn't it?" Her phone chirped in front of her and she picked it up. Slowly, her face flooded red. 

"What's that now?" I smirked at her. 

"Nothing I'd like you to know about yet." She giggled, rolling over to her back with her phone still in front of her face. 

"That's not so nice." I faked a frown, zipping the travel bag close. 

"Just shut up and resume packing." She waved me off, hitting her fingers on her phone screen really fast. 

"I'll still find out the reason for your endless blushing lately. I needed to know who this Prince charming is." I teased. 

"Whatever." She chuckled.

I left for the bathroom to piss, washing my hands clean. Returning to the bedroom, my phone began to ring from the bedside table. I rushed to it, drying my hands on my jeans trousers and picked the phone up. 

Tyler's name appeared as the caller ID. I answered the call, placing the phone to my ear. "Hi, Tyler."

"Hi, babe. I hope you haven't forgotten our date coming up tonight." 

Oh my God, how on Earth did I totally forget it?! "Of course not." I lied, wearing a smile though he couldn't see me. 

"Oh, I'm glad you haven't." I heard him sigh on the other end of the line. "I'll pick you up or should I text you the address?"

"Pick me up, please. I'll text you my home address." 

"Okay. Can't wait to see you again." He said seductively. 

"Yeah, me too." I lied again. 

"Bye." 

"Bye." I replied, ending the call and immediately tossed my phone to the bed. "Gosh, how could I forget this date?"

"What's wrong?" Nikita asked, lifting her face from her phone but was still typing on it. How was she doing that?

"There's a really hot dude, Tyler, who I'm to go on a date with tonight but I totally forgot about it." I explained, running my fingers through my hair. 

"Oh my gosh." She said monotonously, widening her eyes in disbelief and stopped typing. "Are you totally serious? You're going on a date?"

"Yeah, why not." I drew my eyes in askance. 

"You never pay so much attention to guys like you ought to. You've not had a boyfriend in a while now. I swear I was starting to get worried and thinking of setting you up with a guy." She confessed. 

"Excuse?" I laughed out boisterously. "You've got to be kidding me. I've not been in a relationship because I'm too engulfed in work-related matters, that doesn't mean you have to set me up. Plus, Tyler and I aren't dating. It's just like a friendly date, not a romantic one." 

"Silly, that's the start of it. Next stage, you'll start to develop feelings for him, then, boom, baby comes, marriage follows." 

"Don't you mean marriage comes, baby follows." I sniggered. 

"That shit ain't meant for me. I sleep around with guys, hopeful that I might find one I like and make him mine with a baby then we'll get married" She shrugged. "That's how it works."

"Uh…" I glanced at the ceiling. "I doubt if you're correct, it doesn't work that way. Anyway, it's your opinion, I'm not going to argue with you." 

"So, tell me more about this Tyler guy." She crawled up to me, holding my hands. 

"More about him? Are you kidding me? I don't really know him. The day you left me to go to work myself, he gave me a lift, then we met again at work. He's the Manager of Friz and co. We were to—"

"Wait," she cut me off sharply, smirking. "He's rich." 

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged. 

"Man, this is one big piece of candy. If he's got the looks and mostly money, I'll make sure you go for him." She made gestures with her index finger.

"Nah baby, relationships don't work that way either. I'll try to give him a chance if he's a good guy, not because he has money." I waved a hand over my face. 

"Dumb." She simply added. "If he's rich, hold onto him." She pursed her lips. 

"Forget it," I rolled my eyes, not ready to start an argument with her. "I have to get ready for this date. Please help me out with selecting an outfit."

"Who am I to not?" She giggled, climbing off the bed.

***

"Wow, this is a nice place." I finally acknowledged, scanning the classy golden themed restaurant for the hundredth time. 

"Yeah, I'm glad you like it." Tyler said with a lopsided grin. "Here." He held out a beautiful bunch of red roses. I had seen that beforehand so I had expected to receive it, not such a big surprise now.

"Why thank you," I smiled, accepting the bunch. It smelled just as beautiful as it looked. 

"You have such a beautiful smile. Everything about you is beautiful." He commented. 

"Really?" I felt heat rise up in my face to form a blush. "Thank you. You too, you look handsome." I felt the need to return the compliment. 

He chuckled. "That's so nice to hear." He took a sip from his wine.  

"So…" I started, thinking of what questions to ask. I felt the need to know more about him, since he was partially a stranger. I mean, I was on a damn date with someone I literally knew nothing about. "May I know more about you?" Wait, did that come out awkwardly?

"Thought you'd never ask. As you already know. I'm Tyler Jones, 26, and the Manager of the mighty Friz and co. I earn 6 digits a year." He said proudly. "I studied in the country, college friends with your boss, Hames. I have a Family; a wife and 3 children." He smirked at the last sentence. 

My jaw dropped. "You have a family?"

He let out a throaty laughter. "I'm just kidding, your reaction was cute to watch. I'm still an eligible bachelor, hoping to start a family soon." He winked.

"Oh." I smiled in relief. "

"You are so amazing."

"Thanks for the umpteenth compliment." I grinned, leaning back in my chair, watching him while he grinned at me. 

"So… do you mind if we go to the movies next week?" What was that now?

"Movies?" I quirked an eyebrow. "It'd be nice but, no. I'll be traveling to Australia next week." I took my glass of wine, connecting its brim to my lips. 

"Australia? Wow, that's cool." 

"It would've been if I wasn't going with Hames." I rolled my eyes at the mention of his name. 

Tyler let out another laugh. "I understand you. Gosh, you must be so frustrated working for someone like Hames." He shook his head. "He's terrible." 

"More than terrible." I rolled my eyes again. That confirmed that Hames was equally terrible to everyone else. What a person he was.