Chapter 20

Finally, I was having a break. My hands hurt so bad, as well as my back, legs, arms and every part of my body was in pain. 

It wasn't such an easy task working for someone like Hames. Whoever had thought coming to Australia was going to be for fun and peaceful moments, that person thought so wrong. It was extremely terrible and I felt like crying my eyes out. 

I dropped my phone on the bedside table, plopping myself on my bed, hoping I could sleep for the next few minutes till the break was over. I was hungry but I was too tired to eat. 

I sank deeper in the softness of my bed, slowly shutting my eyes to ooze into the world of sleep. 

I was jerked back awake from the sound of my ringtone. Groaning, I rolled over on the bed to reach for my phone. 

"Why on Earth is Hames calling me?" I grumbled, answering the phone. "Yes, Mr. Hendrix?"

"Come over to my room now, I have something to say to you." He said and the call ended after a beep. 

Strange. 

I got off my bed, smoothening my skirt by its hem then started out of the room. I walked to Hames' room door, giving it a slight knock. 

"Come in." He replied almost immediately. 

I turned the door knob, pushing the door open. I shoved myself into the room. 

Hames was sprawled on his bed, looking extremely tired and dying. What was wrong with him?

I walked towards the bed, stopping a few feet away from it. "I'm here. Do you need something?"

He jerked to sit up straight. "Miss Mark," he started. He opened his mouth to continue talking but no words came out of it.

"You need something?" I asked again. 

He had his forehead furrowed in worry but it transformed to a frown. "What's your problem?" That was so random. 

"My problem? What do you mean?" 

He smacked his hand on his forehead, growling. "You—" he palmed his face, taking his hand off immediately to glance at me. "I—" he palmed his face again, drawing his lips into a snarl. 

"What's going on?" He was confusing me more and more. 

"You're so annoying!" He groaned, rumpling his hair in his hand, clenching his hands into fist. He opened his mouth to say something but no words came out again, instead it was 

"You're scaring me. Do you have something to say?" I was befuddled. 

"Get out!" He barked. 

"What? You called me to come here." A line appeared between my brows. 

"Yes, I did." He said through gritted teeth, jerking to his feet. 

His action made me flinch and I automatically moved backwards. 

He walked over to his wardrobe, taking out a different briefcase, stormed back to me. 

"Here, work on that too. Resume work, now." He dropped the briefcase on the floor, reached for his jacket that was around a chair, wore it over him and stormed out of the room after switching off the lights, slamming the door shut. 

What on Earth was that for?

***

Stupid Hames hadn't returned. That meant I was stuck doing stupid work for him. No break! I didn't even have the appetite to eat anything anymore, I was totally pissed off. My phone rang from the table I had dropped it on previously.