Chapter 68

~ IMOGEN ~

~ {Flashback} ~

"Please get the door, Imogen." Lila requested, rolling her sleeves up.

"I'm the pregnant one here, I shouldn't be overworking."

"Getting the door isn't overworking. Stop being so lazy."

I groaned and reluctantly rose to my feet, sauntering to the door pand opened it.

I was so surprised to see Faith standing by the door, grinning from ear to ear, holding a small bag.

I opened my mouth to speak but she pulled me into a hug. "Gosh, I missed you. I'm so glad you're fine."

I smiled, returning the hug.

I gently pushed her by her shoulders. "I didn't expect to see you here. Please come in."

Shutting the door after she walked in, we took our seats on one of the sofas.

"Mr. Hendrix asked me to come here. As your personal maid, I should be at your service, no matter where you are."

"Oh, that's great. I really missed you too. Doing some things on my own feels like a lot of work now." I admitted and she chuckled.

"Then it's a really great thing I'm here. Is there anything you'd like to eat right now?"

"Yes, please. Anything that's very spicy, I need it so badly."

"It'll be ready in five minutes." She giggled. "I was so worried about you but I'm grateful to God that you're fine now.."

"Thank you."

"And your stomach bump has appeared, your baby would be more than beautiful."

"I hope so too, and I hope he doesn't possess any of his parents' ugly traits."

"He? I'm pretty sure it'll be a she. And I think Hames wants a female too because he has started decorating a room for the baby and the decoration is a girly one."

"I want a boy and it's final. Please help me out with something to eat."

"Sure, Ma'am, future mother of a Princess." She teased.

I playfully rolled my eyes at her.

***

"So the point is that you're mad at him for cheating on you but that woman isn't actually pregnant?" Mia asked.

"Yes, Mom."

"So what are you still here for? She's a fraudster and simply wants Hames' money. You're  making her cause a rift between you two. She's with Lila's ex-boyfriend, and still pretends to have your husband's child. She'll extort a lot of money from Hames and leave for Dash then your relationship with Hames would've been ruined completely so it'd be a win-win for her."

"Oh…"

"I can't believe you don't trust him at all.  Married couples are supposed to trust each other as much as possible. How can a random woman walk up to you and say nonsense then you suddenly leave and not even speak to your husband about it? You've been away from him for so long now. What have you gained? Do you want to raise—"