Chapter 15

Our luggage was brought in. I pulled my Travel bag into my room. It was grey and white themed with beautiful paintings on each side of the wall. The ceiling was very high with a beautiful chandelier shooting from it. The best part of the room was  the  fact  that  it had a  glass wall  behind the queen-sized bed that flaunted the view of the most beautiful waterbody I had ever seen. 

Stepping into the balcony opposite the door, I was more than marveled at the glorious landscape in sight. I didn't dare look down to avoid getting nervous by the height of the building but the melody the breeze gave off in my ears made excitement jerk to life in me. I loved this place already and could spend a really long time here.

I instantly remembered Hames had asked me to make him coffee. Couldn't he just ask the hotel for that? Annoying man.

I returned to the room. A smile spread my lips apart the moment I noticed a coffee maker on a stand. "Wow, nice." I chuckled. 

Without wasting anymore time, I took out my clothes from the bags, arranged them into the wardrobe, taking out other things to arrange them to where they fitted to be. 

I grabbed my towel, heading straight for the bathroom. After a long bath, I took a quick shower, wrapping the towel around my body. 

I returned to the room, dried my hair and body, did my night skincare and hair care routine. 

I heard Hames' deep voice vibrating from the other side of the door, it sounded like he was on a phone call. 

I sprinted to the wardrobe, taking out my bum shorts and silky tank top, wearing them on my body. I mean, he didn't expect me to dress formally, did he?

I quickly made a mug of coffee with the coffee maker, got into a pair of bunny slippers, leaving for the living room. 

Hames was seated on one of the 3 white heavy sofas, he had his back to me and was obviously on the phone, not paying attention to the loud noise from the television in front of him.

"I guess I love you too, Mom." He shrugged, going silent for a few seconds to obviously hear what she had to say then burst into laughter. 

I turned around, dropping his mug of coffee on the center table. 

He only noticed my presence. The smile he previously had on was replaced with a frown. Did I seriously irritate him so much? He needed to know that he irritated as much.

"I'll call you later, bye." He ended the call abruptly, sitting up straight then leaned back on the sofa. He was in sweatpants and a v-neck shirt which I had to admit I looked good on him.

"Your coffee." I pointed at the mug. 

He scanned me from head to toe with irritation blazing in his light brown eyes before picking his mug from the table. 

"I'm certain my eyes still work properly and can see you're not dressed formally as well, do you expect me to dress like I'm going to work?" I tried to sound polite but guess what, it didn't work.

He had his eyes raised to me as he took a long sip of his coffee. He returned the coffee to the table, crossing one of his legs over the other and his arms over his chest. "Your eyes work properly but I don't think your ears do, I didn't utter a word, why are you replying to silence?" He wore a blank expression. 

"You looked irritated by me." I stated the obvious.

"Still, I didn't say a word. I don't expect you to dress formally here, else we have to go out for work-related meetings."