Chapter 71

~ IMOGEN ~

FINALLY! It was the day to figure out our beautiful baby's gender.

"Aren't you happy today?" I asked Hames who was busy on his laptop, but didn't get any response. "Do you even know what today is?"

Still no response.

I snapped my fingers in front of him and he flinched.

"You didn't hear me or you're simply ignoring me?"

He chuckled. "How can I ever ignore my sweetheart?"

"I asked if you know what today is."

"Of course I do, we have an appointment with the doctor to figure out the gender of lour princess."

"I'm so excited and nervous but you don't seem like you care, you're mean."

"Don't act so grumpy. I still have a lot to catch up with at work. Just a few more minutes and I'll be done for the day. Please, my love."

I folded my arms across my chest, pouting. "Just ten minutes and you must be done."

"That's more than enough time. Don't stand, sit here." He patted the spot on the sofa beside him.

I shambled and sat beside him, resting my head on his shoulder. "I'm also very scared."

"Why?"

"I know I'm a few months away but I'm still very scared. What if something terrible happens during pregnancy? What if my baby doesn't like me after birth? What if…"

"I guess it's normal to be scared but I assure you that there's nothing for you to be scared about. I'll always be here for you and we'll raise our baby in the best way we can, she can't hate you." He placed a kiss on my forehead. His kiss was enough to wash every form of worry for me and restore my happiness.

***

"I hope it's twins, I pray so, I'll be so glad." Hames had the brightest smile on.

I laid on the bed while hames held my hand, and lifted my shirt above my tummy. The OB-GYN rubbed the gel on my belly, it felt so cold on it. As she waved the wand over my belly, the image of my beautiful baby was slowly appearing on the sonographer.

"Wow, she's so cute." Hames cooed, fiddling with my fingers.

"He is." I grinned, feeling extremely excited to see my beautiful baby on the screen.

She smiled then the most magical thing I have ever heard started sounding; the beautiful heartbeat of our baby.

"Oh my Gosh, that sound is enchanting!" Hames quickly slid out his phone. "I have to record this." He said and we both chuckled.

The OB-GYN kept doing whatever she was doing to the image of our baby.

"Hi, everyone. This is my beautiful wife and I here for an ultrasound."

I glanced at Hames who was making a video, and chuckled.

After a while, she cleaned the gel from my tummy and lowered my shirt back.

"Would you like to know the gender of your baby?" She asked.

"Definitely!" Hames and I replied in unison.

"Okay, because some couples don't like to know." She smiled.

"Are they twins?" Hames asked excitedly.

"No, it's a boy." She announced and my eyes widened with so much joy.

"Wow, oh my gosh, we'll have a Hames' junior."