Chapter 33

[RECAP: IMOGEN HAS AGREED TO GIVE HAMES A CHANCE AND THEY WENT ON A ROMANTIC DINNER WHERE HE CONFESSED THE CRAZY THINGS HE HAS DONE FOR HER]

***

"We'll burst the door open then yell 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY'." Lila whispered. 

"Silly, it's not Mia's Birthday." I whisper-yelled with a roll of my eyes. 

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, again. I'm just too excited, so it's making me confused." 

I glanced at the small cake in her hands then back at her face. "Be sensible." 

She rolled her eyes. " Whatever. Don't forget; Mom, not Mia."

"Yeah, right." 

"Be sensible." She added. 

I turned the doorknob and pushed the door inwards, walking in first with Lila following behind me. 

"Happy Recovery!" I said at the same time Lila said—

—"Happy Birthday!"

Mia, who was seated on the bed, chuckled. 

"Lila," I glared at her.

"Sorry, sorry, whatever." She walked past me and to Mia on the bed, arching her back to kiss Mia's cheek. 

Mia giggled. "Thank you."

I also advanced to her and kissed her cheek, which made her giggle again. "I'm glad the surgery is finally over."

"I am too, thank you so much."

"We brought cake," Lila extended the cake, grinning. 

"Thank you too, but I can't eat cake right now."

"Yeah… that's sad." She dropped the cake on the table beside her bed. "Anyway," she sat beside her, "we hope you'll enjoy this mini-party."

"Mini-party, I definitely will. I'm also glad you were able to save for my surgery." She lifted her hand to hold Lila's face. 

"It's all thanks to Imogen." She winked at me. 

"Me? I didn't pay up to half of the surgery."

"Duh, but you completed the money. Ma, she added Twenty thousand dollars to the amount, to complete it."

"Whoa, really?" Mia grinned proudly.

"Yeah."

"Thank you, dear." She extended her arms to me and I stepped in to give her a hug. 

"What are daughters for?" I chuckled, pulling apart from the hug and reached for a random chair to sit on. 

"Mom, you won't believe who Imogen's dating now." Lila slieked. 

"Lila, I'm not dating him." I glowered at her. 

"Who's he? Who's he?" She asked, tugging at Lila's shirt.

"Hames Hendrix, CEO of HamIX International." She informed her. 

"Hames Hendrix? I know him, he's such a hot gentleman." She wiggled her eyebrows at him. "My daughter's dating a Millionaire. Is the relationship genuine?"

"Yes, it is." Lila replied on my behalf.

"Does he love her?"

"Definitely, yes! He had secretly been in love with her for two years, that's why he asked Kade to transfer her to him, to work as his secretary."