Chapter 77

~ HAMES ~

Though we won against Sam and Dash in court today and they were all, including the head maid and everyone else involved in their criminal activities, going to receive their respective punishments, Imogen still didn't look happy.

We had decided to head for my cabin which was romantically designed to brighten her mood. There were candles with amazing scents, roses, a nice view of outside the cabin, a nice bathtub in the bathroom with flowers for scents, a king-sized bed, snacks and food or anything that she could start craving for, and a large television to enjoy ourselves over movie time.

She was still in the bathroom so I decided to join her.

She still looked as sad as ever over Faith's death, and it was making me so worried. I was also very sad about Faith's death but she wasn't paying attention to the fact that her excessive crying and sad mood could affect Tristan. I had to do everything I could to make her smile again.

I knocked on the door because she didn't realize I walked in.

"Stop over-thinking." I got rid of my clothes then joined her in the bathtub since it was big enough for both of us.

"Hames, I'm so tired. I'm starting to feel sick." She said.

"I knew you'd fall sick if you continued crying this much. I'll give you a bath."

"It's hard for me. When people I know and care about die, it hurts me for a really long time." She said while I started washing her body with the loofah. "I almost died from crying excessively when my parents died. It took a really long time for the wounds to heal. Death is scary, it's something that can't be changed. All the enjoyment, pain, suffering, sadness, everything all ends when death strikes someone. It's one of the scariest things to me."

"Then don't think about it. You shouldn't over-worry, you're making sleeping so hard for me while you're in this condition. I can feel it's making Tristan sad too." I caressed her tummy.

She remained silent till our bath ended.

I dried my body and got into my robe, rushing back to the room to grab her robe then returned to her.

"Thank you, Hames." She said as I dried her body with the towel.

"For what? For taking care of my pregnant wife because I love her? Are you kidding me?" I chuckled.

I assisted her to rise to her feet, leading her out of the bathroom and went to sit on the bed while she left to dry her hair.

After a few minutes, she was done with her hair.

"Are you ready for a fun night? Just the two of us, no disturbance, no thoughts, no worries, just fun." I beamed.

She still had a glum face as she approached me on the bed."That poor child." She sighed.

"Who? Faith?"

"No, I was actually talking about Oliver this time. He was so unlucky to have had the worst parents ever."

"He's the government's child now, remember?" I made her sit on my lap, holding her waist in place.

"I know, but he can never experience parental love properly."

"We agreed to come here for peace. Please don't worry about anything or anyone, just focus on me and let's have the best amount of fun we possibly can." I held her chin between my thumb and index finger to raise her head to me. "Now give me a broad smile." I requested but got nothing. "Please, my love."

"I also feel so bad for Faith." She wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Faith's last words were for you to not bother yourself about her passing away. How on Earth is she supposed to rest in peace if you don't remain happy and stay healthy for Tristan's sake?"

She didn't say anything, just gazing at me while blinking at longer intervals than normal. I was only interested in appreciating how beautiful she looked as always rather than the awkward gaze.

She hugged me, burying her head in my chest. "Hames, I love you so much." That was random but I appreciated it more than anything. "I appreciate you being my husband and I just can't do without you, not in this world, not in the next."

Hearing her confess her love for me every time was the greatest joy of my life, it always made me feel fulfilled. It always felt special every single time. 

"Thank you so much. I can't love you any less." I kissed the top of her head.

She raised her head to me, cupping my face. "No, you don't have to speak or thank me. I really just feel the need to appreciate you. You're working so hard and still create quality time for me during my pregnancy even in your busy schedule, I really appreciate it. You love me so much and care for me, you make me feel like the most special person in this world." My heart was swelling at every word.

"I'm saying this with all of my heart that I love you more than anyone else in this world. I'm madly, crazily in love with you and my greatest joy is that you're the father of my baby. I hated you so much for forcing this marriage upon me but now I'm the luckiest person on Earth to have ever met you and married you."

"Wow, where is this coming from tonight?"

"I just feel the need to appreciate you so you'd know how much my love for you has grown. I guess it's the atmosphere, everything about it spreads a different feeling tonight." She slid her hands down to my shoulders. "You're the best husband, your care for me amazes me, everything else about you brings me joy. You're my source of happiness and I'll never lose you. I love you so much, Hames."

I was expecting a kiss from her, judging from how her eyes were shimmering with delight, but no, not a kiss. She just smiled at me, a smile I appreciated and was relieved to see.

"Imogen, do you realize something?" I asked, caressing her bare thighs.

"What?"

"You hardly kiss me first and sometimes it's annoying. I try to not kiss you first, wondering if you might do but it ends up torturing me instead and I just have to succumb to those mouth-watering lips of yours." I had to admit.

"Oh, really? I didn't realize that. It's probably because I expect your kiss a lot." She gave me a peck. "Being with you makes me feel joyous and brushes my pains away." She wrapped her arms around my neck again.

"I'm still so happy to hear your praises."

"You deserve it and more. Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing enough for you. You go extra lengths to make me happy but I don't think I've done anything that can be equal to everything you've done for me and still doing for me."

"The only thing you can do for me is to remain my wife, the mother of my baby, and love me. I don't need anything else but that." I showered kisses on her face.

"I've been thinking that we should start planning our future with Tristan together." She suggested.

"I've also been thinking of that. We should buy a new house when he's 1, we should start looking for the best nanny for him if Mom or Mia won't be available, she should be someone we can trust—"

"New house? What's wrong with the old one?"

"Nothing, but I just want a better place that definitely spells a home, a house for a couple, a beautiful family."

"I'll think about that. We're not buying a new house if it's not my final decision."

"Of course. You'll decide, we discuss, it happens." I rested my forehead on hers. "We should have something to eat then watch movies, funny and romantic."

"I think I need that right now." She smiled again.

"You do, baby."

"I'll have to make it a habit now." She presses her lips against mine for a long and passionate one.