Chapter 50

"What? Who the hell is this?" I exhaled in fear, trying to call the person again but it wasn't possible.

My head started throbbing, my hands began to quiver, my heart left my body completely due to its excessive palpitation.

"H—Hames? Dead? Widow?" I huffed, shaking my head. "No way!" I bounced to my feet and ran out of the room while calling Hames' phone again, but it was still switched off.

The thought that Hames was dead struck me so bad and tears immediately started rolling down my face really fast. I was going breathless and feeling like I was about to faint.

I ran to Faith's room, banging my fists on the door really hard.

In a jiffy, the door flung open and Faith stood there looking annoyed.

"Why—" she stopped, her expression transformed to worry. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Hames. Someone just called to let me know Hames is dead."

"What?!" They all exclaimed.

"Someone, please call his phone. He might… I don't know..." I cried.

"How on Earth did it happen?" Lila asked and they both rushed to us.

"Someone threatened me previously that he's on a mission to kill Hames, then now this call to let me know…" I trailed off, sobbing.

"You shouldn't cry. How can you be certain?" Nikita said.

"It's past midnight but he isn't back yet." I screamed. "I have no idea where he could be." I rumpled my shirt in my hands really tight and started running from the room.

"Where are you going?" Faith yelled behind me and I heard footsteps behind me as I ran down the stairs and out of the house.

"Imogen!" Lila shouted.

I ran to the Drivers' house and started hitting the door.

Soon enough, a tired-looking man that was clearly a driver opened the door and came out.

"What brings you here, Mrs. Hendrix? Do you have to go somewhere?" He yawned.

"Which driver drove Hames out? Can I have his phone number?" I asked while breathing heavily.

"Actually, the boss drove himself. Is anything wrong?"

"Drove himself?!"

"Yes."

"Oh God,"

"Imogen, please calm down." Lila attempted to hold me but I started running again with three of them running behind me, and into the house, then to my bedroom.

I picked my phone and called Kade's phone number but it was also switched off, increasing my fear.

I could no longer breathe properly. How could my Hames be dead?

I spent the next hour crying, using up tissues and doing everything I possibly could to get in touch with Hames but to no avail.

I dropped to the floor and started wailing. Three of them crouched beside me, uttering consoling words to me.

"It's okay. I'm sure something's wrong somewhere. He's fine by God's grace." Lila hugged my head to her chest, caressing my back.

"I'll get more tissues and water for you." Faith rose to her feet while Nikita knelt beside me.

"How can Hames die? This isn't possible. After finally having feelings for him and can't do anything then he thinks he can leave me?" My voice broke at every word. "He desperately wanted to be a father but I didn't give him the chance." My eyes had leaked a sea of tears by now.