Chapter 34

[RECAP:  IMOGEN WENT TO A COMPANY AND ACCIDENTALLY SET IT ON FIRE WHICH SUFFOCATED HER.]

~ HAMES HENDRIX ~

"That's it? I'm done? Whoa, I didn't see that coming." I shut my laptop with a graceful smile on. If I knew I'd be done with work at the office so early, I'd have gone with Imogen to Mr. Hawthorn. 

Remembering the closeness between Imogen and I earlier today; how my arms were around her, my hand on her chin, the way her beautiful lips moved when she said 'I love you too' (ignoring the fact that I made her say it), made my smile extend. 

I had never been this happy in my entire life. Being with Imogen was the greatest joy of my life and I couldn't wait to have her as mine completely. I assured myself that that was going to happen very soon.

Since I was done with work so early, I could either go to Kade, Mom, or Amanda's, or a club, or anywhere fun. 

"I better give Amanda a call before she feeds on me next time we meet, out of anger." I chuckled, picked my phone from the table and dialed her phone number. 

After the second ring, she answered the call. "Hey, sugarbunny."

"We've gone from tiger-beer to sugarbunny? Okay." I rolled my eyes at her. 

I heard her laugh. "Yeah, whatever. Why did you call? Do you need something?" 

"Nope. I just decided to call you today." I fiddled with the tip of a paper. 

"Are you kidding me? You know that's a lie."

I laughed. "It's not, I really called to say 'hi', nothing else."

"Idiot."

I furrowed my forehead. "Why? How?" 

"Never mind." 

Why were the women around me so problematic? She'd be mad at me for not calling her and also insult me for calling her? Jeez…

"I won't." 

"Anyway, we haven't rescheduled our friendship date."

"Oh, yeah. I think my secretary forgot to fix it into my schedule last time I told her."

"Yeah… about that, don't bring her along else you'll rue your decision. And, I've been wondering… I wanted to ask you since I first heard it but I didn't want to disturb you. The gossip news about both of you, is it true?"

"Who knows?" I smirked. 

"Are you crazy? Is it true?"

"In a way, it is." 

She gasped. "Really? I thought it was a false rumor. Is she the one you—" I heard a beep sound that cut her off. 

"Hello?" I said but there was no response. I retrieved the phone from my ear. The call had ended. It was probably accidental and I wasn't interested in calling again.

I rose to my feet, arranged everything I need at home into my briefcase, took my suit coat from around my chair and hung it over my shoulder. 

I strutted out of my office. As usual, I left the company through the backdoor. 

If Imogen was still going through the files, I could still catch up and go with her. I increased my pace and to where my favorite car ought to be sitting but it wasn't there, confirming she had left with it.

"Where's Imogen?" I asked a random driver who had driven me multiple times. 

"She just left a few minutes ago."