Chapter 58

~ LILA ~

It had been a month since we've been in Dubai but I was still damn scared of Kade's gentleness.

Of course he had always been a gentle and kind boss but it had become excessive.

To worsen things, we were in the same hotel room, but different bedrooms, just like Hames and Imogen in Australia, but only one bathroom. Thankfully, we hadn't had a bathroom clash since we've been here.

I flinched at the sound of the door shutting.

Kade strutted to me. I was thinking of running to my bedroom immediately but something still made me stay back.

He dropped to sit beside me and I flinched again.

"You're always flinching." He smirked.

I forced a smile at him and quickly rose to my feet, ready to leave his sight but he held me back. "Don't go, stay a little longer."

My phone started to ring from the center table. I glanced at the screen and sighed after realizing it was Jovi. Knowing fully well that it was going to be another stupid threat call, I ignored it.

"I have to leave."

"Stay." He insisted in a very calm tone that urged me to succumb to his words.

I sighed and sat again, turning the television on to distract myself from him.

I was gazing at the screen but I had no interest in whatever was on it, I was only noticing Kade staring at me, through my sideways glance.

"You're beautiful." He commented and a weird feeling struck my heart, making it palpitate faster.

I still didn't look at him, just pretending to not have heard him due to the sound from the TV.

"I know you heard me. You're a very beautiful woman and..." he trailed off, finally earning my gaze at him. I was curious to know what he wanted to say. "Let's go on a date."

"Right now?"

"Yes, to a fancy restaurant."

"I don't think it's reasonable to go on a date with you."

"Why not?"

"How many times do I have to remind you that Ihave a boyfriend and you have a crazy girlfriend who's about to slaughter me for being here with her boyfriend." I didn't want to raise my voice at him but I was forced to.

"I don't think your boyfriend is good enough for you. He hasn't called you since we've been here for a month now."

"That's not true. He calls me all the time." I lied, I lied so bad. Dash had only called me about once or thrice, but the last time he called was a week ago and he sounded somewhat angry so the call ended abruptly. He never answered the call whenever I called him first. It was so frustrating.

"I don't think so. I'll also break up with Jovi if you want."

"No! I don't want that. Can't you just let me be? I'm just your employee and we're here on a business trip so let it remain that way."

I rose to my feet and walked really fast before he could grab my wrist again.

"Wait!" I felt him walking behind me but I didn't stop, I was almost by my bedroom door but of course he was faster and caught up with me, appearing in front of me.

"Why are you being so stubborn?" He smiled, a smile that was very angelic and could make anyone's heart skip a few beats.

"I- I... I'm not... you..." I began to stutter after realizing his smile had become more angelic and he was leaning his face closer to mine.