Chapter 17

Wasn't she supposed to shut her eyes or something? But no, she had them widely opened, looking totally out of breath and life. 

She made me scared to attempt to kiss her. What if she got really angry and hit me or something? Or quit the job and charge me for sexual harassment. I was going to lose her forever. It obviously wasn't the right time to kiss. 

I did what I had intended to do in the first place, flicked the switch off to turn off the lights. 

"Hames!" She exclaimed in fear as everywhere went totally black. 

I felt something vigorously push at my chest (obviously her hands), making me almost stumble backwards but I was quick enough to stop myself from falling. 

Her rapid breathing filled the dark room then I heard sounds before the door was pulled open. Light from the hall shone into the room. 

With an even stern frown on, I struted to the corridor. She was resting against a wall with her hands on her knees, panting for air. 

"What was that for?" I asked gruffly. 

She raised her head to me, still panting. It took a few more seconds before she looked like she was able to breathe normally again, standing up straight then shot me a death glare. "Why did you turn off the lights? What were you planning? To make me go crazy?"

"What do you mean? I turn off the lights whenever I'm about to leave the room. It's been a habit since I was a child." 

"Well… I'm very afraid of darkness. Why did you have to lock me against the wall?" She drew her eyebrows in askance. "You seemed to have an ulterior motive than just switching off the lights."

I maintained a bold face and pose by shoving my hands into my front pockets, staring down at her with a wrinkled nose. "You were standing in my way and I had expected you to be sensible enough to move away but I guessed you're only good at being a secretary and—" I stopped myself from talking further. 

"And what?"

— Looking sexy, squandering my head, being annoying. I definitely didn't say those words out.

"Never mind, let's go." 

"You were going to say something, I hate it whenever people start something and don't end it." She complained. 

"And I hate it when people try to convince me to say what I don't want to say. I said never mind, let's go." I deepened my voice at the last words.

She sighed in surrender. "Oh, yeah, I'm sorry." She definitely didn't make an attempt to sound like her words were genuine. 

Ignoring her rude tone, I walked away, strutting towards the elevator. She seemed to have heeded to my correction because she scurried to stand beside me, not remaining behind me. 

We got into the elevay then the fact that I was going to the club with Imogen Mark popped into my brain. It made me feel nervous for some reasons. I was finally going to be out with her, not by lying it was for business reasons like the date with Amanda. Oh yeah, Amanda. I had to call her tomorrow, else she was going to be so mad at me. 

***

"Wow, this is so nice." Imogen said, scanning the club. "Gosh, I'm granted the opportunity to stay in the VIP corner?" She asked rhetorically. 

"Yes, you are." I replied, fixing my gaze to her as she continued exploring the whole club with her eyes. I couldn't stop admiring her, wondering how and what I was going to do to make her like me back.