Chapter 52

"Are you out of your mind?" I hollered.

"I should be asking you that. You're shirtless." He frowned and picked my shirt from the floor.

"I could've caught the devil. Shit!"

"Without a shirt? In the presence of our employees? You're crazy." He wore my shirt over my body.

I sighed. "Sorry, I was only interested in catching her and forgot that another crazy person made me shirtless."

"Another crazy person? Seriously?" He rolled his eyes, buttoning my shirt for me. I could do that on my own but what was the point in arguing?

"We should get going."

— "but—" he glanced at his laptop.

"Can't you forget work tonight?" I tucked my shirt in.

"Uh…" I glared at him. "Fine." He sighed.

I grinned, stood on my tiptoes and pecked him.

***

"Hey, Mom." Hames smiled, pulling his Mom into a hug.

"My Hamzy is such a big boy now." She giggled.

"I'm not a boy." He pulled apart from the hug and kissed her forehead.

"Hey," Amanda grinned and also hugged Hames. A feeling of jealousy twitched in me; she had no right to hug my husband.

"I realized I haven't been getting along with my daughter like I ought to." Trisha hugged me too. "And I don't like that."

"Me neither." I chuckled.

She pulled apart from the hug and held my hand, walking with me toward the dining area.

Amanda hadn't stopped hugging Hames so I stopped to hold his arm, stealthily pulling him from her. "Dinner."

We all left for the dining table. Mia, Lila and Nikita had already had their seats.

"Thank you all for being here. My wife and I really appreciate it." Hames said.

"Yeah, we understand that." Trisha said. "Let's eat, I'm hungry."

"Me too." Mia added. "Let's all join our hands to pray."

Oh no, this was going to last forever.

We all joined our hands while Mia prayed for the meal we were about to eat. Of course, it lasted for probably a billion years till we were done and finally started eating.

After eating, we all left for the sofas. Mia, Lila, Nikita and Hames were chatting with Amanda trying to cling to my husband while Trisha and I were chatting.

She was such a cool mother-in-law to get along with and she insisted I called her Mom because I'm the daughter she never had.

"Hames, I need to discuss with both of you as a married couple. Mia, if you don't mind either, you can be present."

"Sure, no problem." Mia nodded.

Nikita and Lila excused us though no one asked them to, then Amanda followed suit.

"What's so important that you had to send them away?" Hames asked, sitting beside me.

"Everyone was present here and is aware of the fact that I didn't say they should leave. Let's forget that, I've been giving Imogen relationship advice to keep your marriage forever. I know your marriage was rushed but I can clearly see that you both love each other very much."

"Of course we do." Hames said, curling an arm around my waist.

"That's so great." Mia beamed.

"I'm so happy about that. To be truthful, I thought my Hamzy was going to get married at 50." She admitted and we, except Hames, burst into laughter. "I was in the process of arranging his marriage."