Chapter 27

9 HOURS LATER (IMAGINE THIS IN SPONGEBOB NARRATOR'S VOICE)

I raised my head from the sofa, glancing at the stupid wall clock hung on the wall, above the door. It's been about 9 or 10 hours but still no one had heard my cry for help, neither had Kade or Jovi returned. 

I rose to my feet from the floor, sauntering to the savior in the form of a fridge, taking out an apple. There were fruits and foods I had eaten from when my stomach had tortured me out of hunger.

Taking a bite of the apple, I moaned, squeezing my face in frustration. "This is totally crazy, a very stupid hotel, why won't there be an emergency telephone?" 

I screamed, hoping to pour out my exasperation, but it wasn't working, I was still equally infuriated. 

I took another bite of the apple, tossing it away, scuttled to the bed and climbed on the neatly laid bed, jumping on it. "Get," I jumped, "me," I jumped again, "out," and again, "of," and again, "HERE!" I screamed, dropping to my knees on the bed, scrunched the duvet in my hands and growled. I swear, I had never felt this frustrated in my entire life.

I was exhausted from jumping. I fell to the bed, panting to steady my breath. 

"How is this possible?" Didn't stupid Hames realize I was gone? "Imogen, who are you kidding, baby? He wouldn't care if I'm kidnapped or locked in a toilet for a million years— oh wait—" I propped my finger on my chin, "—he cared when I was almost hit by a bike which was very strange—"

"Imogen, you're stupid. Stop talking to yourself." I wailed, feeling crazy. 

I sat up straight, jerked to my feet, shuffling to the door. I began to hit it with my fists again. "Hello, is someone there? I've been stuck here for hours!" I cried. 

"Ah!" I breathed out, a smile spreading my lips apart as I heard the clicking sound of the door being unlocked from the other side. 

The door was pushed open then Kade came into view with Jovi beside him. They both stared at me in bewilderment. "Imogen, you're here?" Kade said. 

"Oh Gosh!" I smiled gratefully. "Finally!" I unintentionally threw my arms around him for a hug, pulling apart in an instant after catching the death glare shot at me from Jovi. "Sorry," I apologized to her. 

"How long have you been here?"

"Probably an hour," I winced, placing the back of my palm on my forehead to seem more dramatic. "It's been terrific, I don't know how or why it happened. I only came to grab a file."

"Oh, it was me." Jovi stepped forward. "I returned to grab something but realized it was in the car. I thought we had forgotten to unlock the door so I locked it." She looked innocent, innocence that contradicted the true side of her I knew.

"I almost died!" I stated that very important fact.

"We're so sorry." Kade apologized.

"Can I just leave, I need to stay in my bed, I'm dying of frustration." I held the side of my head, scrunching my face at the terrible headache that pounded at the back of my head. 

"Yes, you can. We're really sorry." Why was he apologizing on Jovi's behalf? He probably knew she was too stupid to apologize. 

He stepped away from the door, giving me the chance to scuttle out of the place I henceforth tagged as a prison. With a grateful smile, I left for the elevator, used it to transport me to the 7th floor. 

After the doors re-opened, I ran out of it and to our presidential suite. 

Noticing the door was locked from the inside, I rang the doorbell. 

In a jiffy, the door was pulled inwards, revealing a smiling Hames in a tuxedo. Two words; strange, strange.

"Uh…" 

"Finally, you're back." He didn't give me the chance to ask my questions; he held my arm, pulling me in and shut the door, wrapping an arm around my waist. "Mr. Hendr— Hames?" I rumpled my forehead in skepticism. 

I only realized the decorations around the room. With his arm still around my waist, I pivoted, scanning the entire room; 

There were red and white candles around, red and white balloons coated the floor. The center table had multiple roses on it, the sofas had pieces of red flowers around it. 

"As far as I remember, it's not Valentine." I voiced my thoughts.

The lights automatically turned off, the room was illuminated by dim red lights. The red lights as well as the light from the candles made the view of the balloons and roses perfect, and a romantic-sounding song started playing. Though it was very awkward and befuddling, the view and sound was mesmerizing.

 A screen I hadn't noticed beforehand, rolled down on the wall towards my left hand side. A projectile was directed at it. 

Words started displaying on the screen, increasing the level of my perplexity. 

<<It's been two years,>> What's been two years? <<I met this beautiful woman, Imogen Mark, at Kade's company. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen and I knew I wanted her in an instant>>

<<After two years of stalking her, physically or on social media, following up on her, secretly ensuring her safety, I devised a plan to finally have her by requesting for her to be my secretary, from my good best friend. 

It's been so hard for me to sleep without thinking of Imogen, you've been and still are and will forever be everything on my mind and all I need.>>

<<I find it very difficult to express my true emotions to anyone but I'm summoning the courage to overcome that difficulty and finally let you know that I love you from the bottom of my heart. I never had a heart, known as the cruel heartless CEO, till I set my eyes on you.>> Virtual fireworks appeared on the ceiling, walls and screen, adding a feeling to the moment.

If I wasn't seeing well enough anymore, I would've confirmed that my eyes had rolled out of their sockets and made me blind, from the way they bugged out. 

I hadn't been paying attention to the fact that Hames' arm was still around me till he turned me to him. 

"It's true, I Love You, Imogen." He lowered his head, tilting it to connect our lips for an electrifying, brain-bending kiss. Hames loved me?! HOLY COWS!

***

A/N: Sorry about the late updates but yay, triple updates! I was excited writing this chapter and I hope you were excited reading it too. Don't forget to leave your beautiful comments on this book, suggestions too. 

And, join this Author's Facebook group to find out more about beautiful stories (completed and ongoing) from this Author: 'Author Gift Odulesi (Gift's readers)'

Like and follow my Facebook page: Author Gift Odulesi. (Feel free to send me a message)

Follow me on Instagram too: @giftodulesi

Twitter too: @

More chapters to come. Goodbye, in Chinese.