💖CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX💖

Alejandro's POV

Marcus's snores were a nuisance, however I chose to ignore him seemingly he was very tired. The road was busy even though it was nearing dawn, and I kept thinking about Catherine.

Was she okay?

Did she settle in well with Sam?

Maybe I shouldn't have left her alone without a way to communicate with the people around her.

I banged my fist on the staring wheel, feeling quite distressed as to why my mind kept drifting off to her. My smote woke Marcus and he flew up rubbing his tired eyes.

"What what, are we there yet?" He fumbled over his words.

"Not yet, but we'll be there soon, it's better if you stay awake," I informed him, my eyes glued to the road. He settled in his seat, heaving out a deep sigh.

"Well, Larry is over, huh?"

My gaze quickly flicker over to him then back on the road, "Yes...Why are you suddenly mentioning him?"

"Ohh, nothing, its nothing important," he was quiet for a while, "I guess we're going back to new York then,"

"That's the plan,"

Once again he grew quiet, and I became worried, "what's the matter Marcus?"

He looked up at me with widen eyes, "Nothing, nothing, keep your eyes on the road, and wake me when we get there," with that he turned to face the window, shutting his eyes tightly.

Feeling tired I decided not to push it.

****

The elevator ride up was quiet, and the silence was unbearable, Marcus seemed chill, since he leaned his body on the side of the elevator a few yarns escaping his mouth every now and then.

"Is there something you're not telling me?" I reckoned.

His eyes flickered back and forth, but avoiding my gaze, with another stifled yarn he rubbed his eyes and said, "I'll tell you when I'm rest up okay," with that the elevator door opens and he stumbled out, finding his way to the door of the penthouse.

He swiped his card and the door opened with a little chirp, he wobbled inside and I followed closely behind, soon enough he disappeared in the dark, which followed up with a series of grunts and curses, until I finally heard his room door opening and closing.

I studied the dark pentroom, letting go a sigh, when something caught my eye, in the corner of the room, drenched in the darkness of the night, in a large chair, was a tucked in Catherine, with her head leaning against the window which overviewed the busy streets of the city and light snores getting the best of her.

With a smile tugging on my lips, I flicked my jacket off and walked straight over to her. Once again, I found myself studying her face, and feeling the sudden erge to stroke her hair. Fighting back my messed up quarries, I gently shook her causing her eyes to sprang open, surprise evident in them.

"Alejandro?" She questioned, her voice hoarse and showed signs of weariness.

"That's me," I chirped, "What are you doing here in the dark, there are enough rooms in the penthouse you know," I reassured her finding her actions a bit questionable.

With the cutest pout ever, even though I knew she didn't meant for it to be cute, she huffed out, "I was waiting for you dumbass, what took you so long?"

My eyes widen and my jaw hang agape.

She was waiting for me??

"What?" I questioned.

"Yes, you heard right," she stood up slowly causing me to take a few steps back, "I hate you Alejandro, but don't leave me for too long, especially in a place that I'm not familiar with,"

With another stern but cute look she stated again, "You almost made me miss you,"

I looked at her, however I couldn't see her face well since it was dark.

Another one of her outburst caught me off guard, "You better come home no matter what happens at the office, Sam and I- and even though I hate to say this-but Sam and I need you, so don't stay out for too long again, you feel me?"

I nod still lost of words, "Good, but bare in mind the next time you do I'll beat your ass, and that my friend is a promise,"

She looked at me once again, with a playful glare before trotting off to the way of a room, "goodnight, or whatever time of day it is,"

With that she was gone and I was left here, wondering, thinking and pondering as to why my heart was beating so fast.

*******
Catherine's POV

The morning was beautiful and it was quite early, but no matter the time of day, we were in an argument with Alejandro,

"But you said that we could go shopping!!" I bellowed, finding his decision a bit at fault.

"I did said that, and I gave you guys two days to do that  so why didn't you?" He questioned.

Sam let go a snarky bark, "Because, we don't know the way around this area, in case you haven't notice, Alejandro, but we are in a different country, that speaks a different language of that which we know!"

Marcus nod in agreement to Sam, "That's not my problem," he stated bringing the coffee mug back up to his lips taking a long slurp.

"Stop acting like a bitch and let us go shopping," I sneered, crossing my arms over my chest.

"A what?"

Marcus snickered from where he was seated as he toss another candy in his mouth.

"A bitch, what do you feel offended?" I taunted, raising a brow mockingly.

"She said what she said," Sam piped in.

"And I meant what I said, so I suggest you just do what I asked," I added.

"Well aren't you guys a ray of sunshine," Marcus joked, before getting up from the couch and he waltzed over to Alejandro whispering but loud enough so we could hear, "I suggest you just take 'em shopping, I mean look at them-"

They both stare at us for a minute, before Marcus continued, "They're evil!"

Alejandro shook his head and a sigh left his lips, "Fine, I'll take you guys," he prodded back to his room dragging his feet as he did.

Feeling victorious Sam and I cast slight smirks at each other, "Evil twin..."

"Evil twin..." She finished my sentence.

"Gosh, so childish," Marcus also prodded off to his room

"Your the one to talk, " Sam threw at him, he held up his middle finger as he locked his room door.

"It looks like they're tired," I reasoned.

"Yeah, whatever, but now that they're both gone, shall we continue our sniffing since Alejandro's luggage is finally here?"

"What do you mean?" I questioned, curious to what she's talking about.

"Annabelle freaking Castle ring any bells!!"

My eyes widen with mischievousness, "OMG yes, what are we waiting for, let's go get it,"

"Yeah one problem with that plan," Sam scratched her head nervously.

"What?"

"It's in Alejandro's room,"

A/N

Thanks for reading.