💖CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR💖

Catherine's POV

The receptionist said not a word to me as she led me to to elevator with the words 'Boss Only' written in gold. I smiled as I reminice on the past, appalled that a whole year had passed since then. I also smiled because the situation was ironic as well as it was funny. Who would have thought I would waltz in here at my accord to tell Alejandro just how much I liked him?

Pushing back my intrusive thoughts, I board the elevator. The receptionist looked at me with a smile, but she did not step into the elevator beside me, confused, I asked her,

"Are you not coming with me?"

Her smile widens, "However could I, Miss Taylor?"

"Its just Catherine, " I relayed,

"No. Its Miss Taylor - to us at least," she did a circular motion with her hands as if she meant herself and all the staff on the ground floor. I smiled at her, still a bit confused before the door shut and I begun my journey upwards towards my fate. I was anxious and nervous yet relieved that for once in a really long time, I was aware of my own feelings and I was neither ashamed nor afraid to face them, and somehow just the thought of that gave me a thread of hope that I currently latched onto.

The doors opens with a ding and again I was greeted with a corridor that held so much familiarity and memory. Alejandro's office door was right infront of me and without hesitation - not even a bit of it- I knocked. Twice. Before hearing,

"You can come in, Catherine,"

His voice was so soft.

So sweet.

That I could almost taste it.

Definately not my Alejandro.

I push open the door and peered in. He sat at his desk, waiting with anticipation. Awkwardly, I stepped in, standing as far away as possible

What is wrong with you!!!

What? Are you shy, now that you've seen his very handsone face??

My mind ran with troubles. Alejandro startled me, waving his hands in my face.

"What th--"

"Are you having a stroke?" He questioned peering into my eyes. His face mere inches away. I could literally feel the blood rushing up to my cheeks.

No!! I cant let him see that he's hot!!! Not when he already knows!!! My mind cried. Abiding to my own selfish wishes I pushed him away, "Youre too close. Save a little space fo--"

"For Jesus - I know," he mused with a chuckle before walking away towards his coffee machine, "Which do you prefer, black or sweetened?"

I looked at him, confused by his question, "What are you asking, Alejandro?"

"Im asking what type of coffee you prefer?"

"How did you know that even like coffee to begin with?"

He smiled then locked eyes with mine. His stare not moving an inch, "You told me the last time you were here,"

"The last time I've been here was over a year ago," I snickered, "How'd you manage to remember that?"

His smile fell as well as his gaze before he turn towards the machine turning it on, "Thats the thing, Catherine, I remember everything about you, even the most minute detail, " He came towards me with sweetened coffee before mumbling out, "I remember even against my own will - you prefer sweetened coffee right?"

I nod, my eyes not leaving his, he chuckled, "I was right - I guessed that detail you see,"

"Alejandro," I started

"Take a seat, Catherine," he interupted me, heading back towards his desk and taking his seat. He did not look at me but flipped through some files that laid carelessly across his desk.

"I have sonething to say, the least that you could do is look at me," I reckoned out feeling fear rising

What if he doesnt like me?

"I can't look at you, Catherine," he released.

"Why can't you look at me Alejandro?"

"I can't look at you!"

"Why can't you look at me - I mean you do have eyes, don't you? So look at me!!" I shouted at him.

"I can't look at you when I know what you came here to do, so please, just say your piece and let me be. At least give me a chance to survive without you!" I stopped.

This man wasn't hating me!

This man was hurting because he loved me.

I slammed my coffee cup down on his desk and marched around towards him, then grabbed his face and forced his head up so that I could see his beautiful brown eyes before sitting down on his legs. His eyes held onto shock as the tears that he tried so hard to hold up rested gracefully on his eyelashes,

"Alejandro," I chuckled out, "You crazy bastard!"

He looked at me, his eyes forgetting sadness and holding onto lust, "I could say the same to you. This is a very risky position, Catherine,"

"I didnt come here to sever ties with you," I explained he peered at me with confusion so I continued, "I came here to tell you that I was sorry. I am sorry about hurting you. I am sorry about using your weakness as my strength. I also wanted to say that I forgive you. I forgive you about what you did to get me here. I forgive you about using my hurts and my wants as bullets for your gun. I forgive you for saying all those mean things to me and I also want to say thank you. Thank you for meeting me. Thank you for all that you have done for me. Thank you that you made me see a world I never knew existed and thank you for being you,"

"Catherine," he breathed out. His voice wet with emotions. He stretched forth his hands and started to stroke my face.

I pulled my face away from his hands, "I'm not done yet,"

"There's more?" He questioned. I chuckled, "Yes, you pervert!"

He laughed. His eyes twinkling with his laughter. My heart fluttered and my mind settled comfortably with its realization.

I loved this man.

I moved away from his face and got off his legs. He stopped laughing and looked at me, worry getting the best of him.

"Whats wrong? Did something happen? Is it your aunt again?" He threw questions at me. And I slowly shook my head and walked towards the chair that was infront of his desk. He got up, wanting to be near me, but I stopped him. He took the initiative to be seated again.

He then stretched out his hands across his desk motioning me to take them. I didnt.

"Catherine. Are you alright?"

I shook my head slowly, "I might be sick," I chocked out, tears clouding my vision. Alejandro stayed silent. A single tear fell from his eyes before he strained out,

"With what?"

"Love," I answered shaking my head dramatically.

"Love?" He questioned, seemingly heart broken, his head hanging down with grief before he shot up, shouting "LOVE!!?"

"Yeah, I think I'm inlove with you," I finally confessed wiping the tears from my cheeks, "And don't misunderstand its not a lie!! I was also shocked when I discovered it just now," he stayed silent, "Alejandro you don't have to be too shocked. I will give you some time to think abo--"

"You are consenting right?" He started.

"What?"

"You just gave me your consent, didnt you?" He got up and walked towards me.

"What are you talk--"

A familiar scene flashed before my eyes. A scene that made me had many sleepless nights. Soft and sweet. His lips on mine. I smiled in the kiss before putting my hands behind his head and pushed him deeper into the kiss. A single tear fell from my eyes as I delighted in what seemed to be a dream, as I kissed my lover --

The most unbelievable thing on earth --

For my lover was Alejandro Vincento.