💖CHAPTER FORTY-ONE 💖

Catherine's POV

My vision blurred and a nauseous feeling overtook me as the car entered the gates of the vincento's mansion.

The butler gave a reassuringing nod, displaying comfort, as I recall the events that brought me here.

Few hours earlier

"What do mean that they are at the mansion?" I got up from my seat, meeting him around the counter.

"Everything will be explained once you reach Miss Taylor, so please," he motions to the car that stop at the front of my cafe.

"What's going on?" Sam returned to my side, sensing my discomfort.

I turned and whispered in her ear the situation at hand. A hearty gasp left her mouth, "What!" She screamed.

Again the customers attention was focused on me. Feeling guilty about interrupting their quiet and relaxing time. I dragged both the Butler, whose name I believe was Mr. Willis and Sam, to the storage room of the cafe. The strong scent of caffeine hit me, but I did not mind it.

"You're not thinking about going are you?" Sam questioned, her eyes pericing down at me.

"Well..." I shrugged.

Her eyes widen, "But it's your aunt and her abusive boyfriend, they are your 13th reason why...Literally!" Her voice, loud.

"13th reason why?" Willis questioned.

"Forget about it," Sam fanned him off, before turning back towards me, "And no, I forbid you to go!"

"I can't just leave them at Alejandro's mansion!"

"Don't they watch the news, shouldn't they know that everything between you and Alejandro is over?!"

"I was wondering the same thing," Willis but in.

Sighing under my breath as I leaned in the stacked craters of coffee beans I answered lowly, "They know, that's probably why they're coming now, they want to humiliate me,"

"Sadists!" Sam muttered angrily.

"If that's the case Ms. Taylor, then I think you should stay out of this, I'll take care if it," The Butler reckoned again.

"No, my problem, so I'll fix it," I exit the storage room, "Common let's go and Sam please take care of the café,"

Mr. Willis came out reluctantly and Sam nod her head slowly. I wanted to show them that I was okay, that I was strong, but I wasn't, on the inside I was dying, anxiety was eating me alive and my heart prepared for the worst.

Flashback Ends

Standing in front of the familiar door, I sucked up my breath, before ringing the bell hesitantly.

The door open revealing Alejandro, dressed in his usual attire, a black suit, and his hair styled to perfection. He stared at me, blankly, I couldn't read his expression, I looked back at him, however avoiding eye contact.

"Am I suppose to stay outside?" I questioned. With a small muttered 'sorry' he step aside from the door allowing enough space for me to pass and enter into the living room

Seated in the large space, were the familiar faces that had forever haunted my dreams. Their face plastered with fake smiles and their eyes glinting with twisted humor, my feet froze.

"Hello my dear niece Catherine, is that anyway to greet the person who practically raised you!?" My aunt start out. My tongue fell heavy, and my heart pound with agony.

"Don't tell me that you're still mute?" My uncle sighed under his breath, "Worthless b*tch!"

"Please refrain from speaking to Catherine that way!" A voice boomed, it was Alejandro.

"Don't try to be the hero here, I mean you used and abandoned her too, we're all bad guys here" aunt Sadie chuckled rising to her feet, stalking up to me, she grabbed my chin forcing me to look up at her, "You look just like your whore like mother, thank God she's dead!"

Alejandro's POV

I peered over at Catherine, waiting for her to snap back with some sassy remarks, but she didn't, she was silent, tears glistening in her eyes. My chest clentched with anger.

"Get your hands off her, and once again, be mindful of your words!" I shouted.

The aunt side eyed me, her smirk dropping to the floor.

"Fine," she fold her lips,  "Tell him what we're here for," she motioned towards the man she brought here.

"Money. We want money!"

My eyebrows furrowed, I glance at Catherine but she just stood there staring blankly at the floor.

"For what exactly!"

"Well isn't it obvious?" The aunt laughed out loud, "For her!" She pointed at Catherine.

"It's clear that you like her, so we think it's only humane for you to compensate the people who saved her from her self!" The uncle mused dropping back in the couch.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned, stalking closer to him

"Calm down man, I'm only sparing the truth, this bitch is crazy. Not only did she try to kill herself numerous time, but this crazy, person tried to burn down our house with us inside of it, "

"How many times do I have to tell you to mind your mouth!" I threathen again.

"Okay, okay, we get it," the woman fanned off my threat, "just give me our money so that we can leave, we don't want this person, just the money, since it's because of us that she's alive today. So. Give. Us. Our. Goddamed. Money,"

"You guys have nothing here, I encourage you to leave at once," my mind was made up. Not only did they come in here demanding things that did not belong to them, but they disrespected Catherine. I have nothing for them.

They looked at me wide eyed, "did you guys really think that you could come in here and demand money from me just like that? Have a little class will you?"

The uncle stalked up to me, holding onto my shirt, the woman rushed up to him trying to stop her crazy half.

My bodyguards rushed in, trying to get him off me, chaos filling the once civilized area, but, everything grew quiet as the bottle of champagne spilled over us. Blood gushed from her open wound and the glass shards scattering over the ground. And at the far corner. A cold looking Catherine standing over the body of her aunt, whimpering and muttering lowly.

Pushing off the deranged uncle and heavy bodyguards I rised to my feet, "Catherine!" I called out.

She looked up at me, her expression blank as she gripped the broken piece of glass shard in her hand.

"I think she's dead"

A/N

Thanks for reading!!