💖CHAPTER ONE💖

CHAPTER ONE
Catherine's POV

The soft, silk sheet was ripped away from my skin, as I heard cursing in the background. My eyes squinted together and I tried hard to fall back into slumber. I hate being waked up early.

"Don't you even think about it missy!" Sam voice booms, annoyingly loud. I peered open my eyes, finding her, at the edge of my bed looking frightening, as always.

"What?" I asked curtly, in a very groggily morning voice. She heaved a loud and exaggerated sigh, as I mentally got ready for her to blow.

"The landlord called. We missed this month’s payment a week ago, and you know how he gets!" she yelled in one breath.

"Don't worry, Sam I’m going to fix this!" I responded, getting lethargically off my bed. I headed straight for the bathroom. I picked up my tooth brush and lathered it with paste then meticulously brushed my teeth. I was always conscious of my breath… overall, my body.

"How?” she further asked. I glanced at her from the door and noticed how worried she was. I always hated when Sam worried because that would make me worry too. Frankly, this time I wasn’t worried because I always had a backup plan.

"I'm gonna get a new job soon, since the last one didn't turn out well," I explained then washed out my mouth. Next, I washed my face and dried it then exited the bathroom.

“You think! You spat in a customer’s face because he was pestering you and the last time I checked, people don’t hire someone who has little or no pleasantry with socializing.” She literally squeaked.

"I socialize well with people, however when it comes on to an obnoxious and rowdy person, I tend to get a little less sociable, besides, he started it!" I defended myself. If the guy hadn’t called me a worthless prick, our conversation would have turned out better. She sighs out loudly and covered her face, momentarily.

“Oh, come on Sam, what would you have done?”

She looks at me snidely and a smile suppressed her lips. “I would have probably done the same thing.”

I chuckled out at her response, then walked towards her and sat beside her, on the bed. “It’s going to be okay.” I said warmly.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, Sam, I’m 100% sure. Trust me on this.” I smile and engulf her in warm and comforting hold.

Alejandro's POV

"You're fired!" I yelled, rather angrily.

"Sir, I’m sorry-" She sounds timid.

"Just get out Elizabeth. You’re incompetent and useless.”

I was surging with unstoppable fury and at this point, that were the only words that came to mind.

My ex-maid ran from my pent-room, with tears and I hissed at her clumsiness. This was my favourite shirt, well one of my favourite shirts, and the clumsy woman had to soil it!

The phone rang aloud, and I snatched it from the night stand.

"Hello," I answered in a very blunt voice.

"Sir, the Roodwork's firm called and they have decided to take the deal!" Anita, my assistant shrilled through the phone.

"Good, fit them into my busy schedule, and while you are at it, get me a new maid. A good one this time!" I ordered.

"Yes sir," she said and the line went dead. I cursed my way upstairs knowing that'll I would've taken me a few more minutes to find another shirt that matched my tie, a raspy grunt escaped my mouth.

The next maid better not be incompetent. I hate incompetence!

A\N

Thanks for reading!! I hope you all enjoyed the short chap!! Remember to vote, and comment!

Thank you to all!