💖CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN 💖

Catherine's POV

A longing sigh seeped through my sealed lips as I looked over  the view of the entire island, apparently, you could see the entire island by sitting on the roof of the Vincento mansion.

Id'd been a long day and besides I had to clear my head, it's been quite a while since I've sit and analyse, and I know....Annabelle's coming in a few days probably tomorrow and I still didn't mend Alejandro and I's broken friendship yet!!

Is it even a friendship??

No, more like a partnership.

And the partnering won't go well if we're up each other asses right!!

I sighed.....again.

"You know the purpose of a sunset is to admire it's beauty, the beauty of life, not to complain about it?" A voice pulled me from my thoughts. I whipped my head around finding Elijah stalking up to me.

"Ohh, hey, Eli, " he showed me a small smile.

"Why are you intruding on me like that?" I gave him playful, skeptical glare.

With a light chuckle he stopped beside me before sitting down  on the ledge that I also occupied, "Well, not to be possessive or anything, but this is in fact my secret get away place, so you're the one intruding,"

I turn to face the sunset as it kissed the ocean, "Really, it's beautiful!!"

"It really is,"

We were quiet for a while before I heard him said,"So I guess you heard that aunt Annie invited Annabelle over?"

I nod my head, "Yep,"

"How's Alejandro taking it?"

"You know, not good, not good at all, and then the dude had the audacity to take it out on me!" I shrugged.

Elijah smiled

"But, I don't blame him, believe it or not," I stated. He rose a brow.

"Really? Why?"

I turned my face away from the view eyeing him down, "Well, I went through the exact phase he's going through right now,"

"Is that so?"

"Yes, well, I had a rather traumatic childhood and it's kinda may have caused a dent in my personality and life. I was angry at the world, basically, everyone, I kept on asking why? You know, like why me? Why did I have to go through that? But I never could've guessed the answer and I thought if I don't know the answer well no one else would, anyways life went on, I didn't, the world kept on spinning mine stopped, that was until I met Sam. An overdramatic, charismatic, sweetheart, she wanted to be my friend, and could you believe that I did everything in order to get Sam to leave me alone. I told her that I hated her. That she was nothing to me, that I wanted her gone, everything mean, because I believed that I was protecting myself from another possible heart ache, and besides I didn't even get over the first one yet, this one would've literally end me,"

Elijah listened carefully to what I had to say, so I continued, "And you know what, Sam didn't get angry she didn't throw in the rag and said that she couldn't do it anymore, you know why??"

He shook his head, "Because she knew that I was hurting, she knew that curling up inside my shell was my safe haven and instead of hardening that shell she cracked it open and helped me out, she taught me how to love, trust and forgive again, she taught me that in life bitchy people will come your way and you just gotta spit on them and move along,"

Elijah raised a brow with evident amuse on his face.

I laughed,"I know, not good advise, but trust me, it works, and I healed, my world started spinning again, I was happy, and why?? Because someone was there to help me patch up my wounds, and believe it or not, I want to be that person for Alejandro, not because I like him, no, I hate the dude....But because I want to help another person off their feet, just like how Sam did for me, I want to help him to heal, and not because there's gonna be someone else that he'll love and he's gonna have heal for her, but I want to help him heal for himself, for him to see that Annabelle's the one whose missing out, and that he deserves much better because he knew that his emotions were real, because he loves,"

Elijah wiped the few tears that escaped his eyes.

"What the hell man, are you crying?"

"No, a little dust just came in my eye-- of course girl I'm crying what you think!!"

A smile crept it's way onto my lips.

"That's all I needed to hear," a voice startled us.

"Alejandro!?"

A/N

Thanks for reading,!!

Sorry about the long update.