💖CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR💖

Catherine's POV

With an exaggerated gasp Sam and I both drop our bags at the penthouse door, tears formed at the brim of my eyes as I flick it away with the smack of my lips, "Beautiful!"

"Absolutely astonishing!" Sam pitched in, before turning to face me. She looked at me with a wide grin before rushing in like a crazy person.

I rolled my eyes at her before facing the man at the door, I handed him the money that Alejandro had given to me, discreetly, I believe their money was call yuan... Yeah, I handed him some, before wishing him a great day, even though I doubt that he could understand a word I'd said.

With a Curt bow he trotted off to the elevator, and disappeared. I went back inside where I was instantly greeted by the exquisite furniture furnishes, the smell of lotus flowers mingled in the air and a glass window to advertise the beautiful and busy city of Hong Kong in all its glory.

I released a sigh.

"Catherine!!" Sam startled me with a shout.

"What is it?" I turn to face her, seeing that she was running from a tall women dressed in maid attire.

I gave a bow,seeing that this was one of the ways to greet people here. Sam followed.

"I...I clean....this place," she stated in a thick accent, I gave a warm smile, showing that I understand what she was trying to say.

"I....leave.. now!" With that she went. Sam released a breath.

"What the hell did you do?"

"I embarrassed my self that's what I did, I mean she didn't even make a sound how was I supposed to know that she was there!" Sam words fumbled over each other.

"What did you do?" My brow raised, curiosity getting the best of me.

She covered her face with embarrassment, "I was smelling underwears,"

"What!!"

"They looked so clean and plus I wanted to know which detergent they used, so I...."

"Shut up, I don't wanna know," I fanned her off with a look of displease.

"But I found out!" She added.

"I don't care!!!"

****************
Alejandro's POV

I placed the file down on the desk before rubbing my temples tiredly.

Marcus looked up from the couch, "So that's him huh, the guy who helped Larry?"

"Yeah," I grunted out.

"What are you gonna do with him?" He seemed interested.

"I don't know actually," I answered.

"You don't know?"

"Yeah I don't know, it seems that Larry had threatened him, forcing him to rat us out,"

"Threatened him, what could he possible threaten him with?" Marcus got up from the couch and stalked up to me.

I released a long sigh, he seemed to have realized, "You seem tired,"

"I am," I knew that this was going to be a brain overload but I didn't think  it would've been this severe.

With a low hiss I answered Marcus's question, "The rat's name is Carlton Mais. Mais seemed have been involved in Tax Evasion and somehow Larry knew, Mais was trying to pay back every dollar he'd owe but secretly, however Larry threatened to get IRS on his ass, if he didn't help him,"

Marcus hummed, "That Larry is a snake,"

"That too, but I'm still trying to understand what illeagal activity or business mais was involved with that he couldn't even pay tax!"

"And not that either, but which Moran hired him," Marcus added, I peered up at him realization hitting me.

"You're right, who the hell hired him, it sure as hell wasn't me!" I snapped.

"Maybe a branch manager? Or an high up assistant?" Marcus listed out.

"That's it, an assistant, Anita!" I bellowed, grabbing up my phone speed dialing Anita.

"Boss," she answered the phone.

"Anita search person's application in company data base, Carlton Mais," I stated.

"Yes sir on it," I could here typing in the back ground, "It's up," she responded.

"Looked who hired him?"

"Ahh, the Canadian Branch Manager, Mr. Keen,"

"Fire him!" I stated.

"What?"

"Just do what I say," with that I hanged up.

Marcus looked at me as I scrolled through my contacts, "You're firing him, why?"

"It's impossible to not know that mais was in some shady business since it's right in his files," I pointed down at the file currently on my desk, "So it's obvious that Mr. Keen or whatever his name is, is in on the act with Larry, or Larry must've payed him off to overlook it,"

"You mean bribed?" Marcus gasped

I looked up at him with squarred eyes, "Yes, Marcus, bribed, Money is the root of all evil and the wicked will do anything for money, you  ought to know that, you're a freaking CEO for Christ sake!"

He raised his hands up in defense, "So what are you doing?"

"I refuse to have these kind of tackiness present in my business, whatever branch it is, I'm filing a court appeal against that Mr. Keen,"

"Why?"

"Well he violated the terms of his contact, didn't you know that I gave an NDA to every employee present in my company, they are not to release any company secrets to anyone or it will be deemed as Industrial Espionage,"

Marcus a brow raised with realization, "What about Mais?"

"He'll be deal with differently seemingly he was trying to get his errors fixed and was hindered in doing so, I'll get him another way, since I've taken pity upon him, he has a family you know,"

"Oh," he hummed. I place my phone down on the desk shutting the screen off.

"You finished?"

"Yes, but another problem arose,"

"What is it this time?"

"Larry's here, now let the games begin, huh?" I fixed my tie with a smirk walking out.

"But this is not a game!!!" Marcus whined following behind me.

A/N

Thanks for reading.

Vote and comment!!!

Stay tuned for the next chapter!!