22

Chapter 22 The Second Death 15

    "You were all fine yesterday. Why did you suddenly have dark circles today?" Song Jinxi's eyes looked on his face. "Did you not sleep well last night?"

The girl's worried eyes were so sincere that Shen Liuchen's heart was warmed slightly.

    Shen Liuchen looked away, squinted a little, and watched the sunset not far away.

    "Is it  because something bad had happened?" Song Jinxi asked.

    Shen Liuchen shook his head, "I had a nightmare last night."

    "...Have a nightmare?"

    Song Jinxi was originally agitated, thinking that Zhang Meimei had finally taken action,if that's the case she can take advantage of the situation and attack Zhang Meimei.

    Unexpectedly, it was just a nightmare.

    She was rather disappointed.

    It's just... what a terrible nightmare could it be? To the point it can affects the quality of sleep and causes him to grow dark circles.

    "What's your nightmare?" she asked.

    The young man was silent for a long time before slowly speaking, "I dreamed that she... died in my arms." The voice was low and his tone was a bit desolate.

    Shen Liuchen never thought that he actually had the talent to lie.

    The girl on the opposite side was really silent.

    "But... didn't you say that she didn't die, but was saved by someone else?" She bit her lip and comforted: "Since you believe she is fine now, don't scare yourself because of a nightmare."

    "I just feel a little uncomfortable when I think of that scene." He said, glanced at her legs, and changed the subject: "Your feet seem to be better."   

Song Jinxi followed his gaze and raised her feet. Moved, turned around, nodded and said, "It's almost better, and I should be able to go to class tomorrow. It's boring to stay at home alone, and I have nothing to do."   

Shen Liuchen: "Don't you want to take a day off?"

    Song Jinxi shook her head, "Study is the most important."

    "The body is also important." Shen Liuchen pursed his lips slightly.

    "It's okay, relax," Song Jinxi smiled, "I will massage it again before going to bed tonight, and tomorrow it should be almost cured."

    Seeing that she was determined, Shen Liuchen did not persuade her, and knew that the weight of her body was basically supported by one foot and didn't want her to stand for too long, Shen Liuchen quickly said goodbye to her and left under her gaze.

    When he got home, he saw Zhang Meimei and Zheng Yanyu downstairs.

    Zheng Yanyu was still talking to Zhang Meimei, Yanyu saw him, quickly glanced at him, said a word to Zhang Meimei, turned around and went upstairs.

    Zhang Meimei followed Zheng Yanyu's gaze and saw him, but instead of waiting for him to go upstairs with him, she followed Zheng Yanyu.

    Shen Liuchen had a vaguely bad premonition in his heart.

    Their family lives on the fifth floor and there is no elevator, so they can only climb the stairs.

    When he climbed upstairs, the door of the house was open. A bag of vegetables was randomly placed on the shoe rack in the hallway. In the living room, Zhang Meimei was sitting on the sofa with her arms around her chest, as if she wanted to ask questions.