14: change of heart

RIGHT NOW: VOTE VOTE VOte. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENt. I really want this story get more exposure & I'll love all of you forever if you dooo. Guess who's POV is in this chapter ?? :)

Jess

"James!" I shout and run into my friend's arms. I haven't seen him since Brazil, and I've missed him around.

"Hey, J. Haven't seen you in about three days," he teases with a light smile on his face.

It was tour rehearsal time, as well as rehearsals for my performance tomorrow morning. Tour dates for the US were being released later this week, and the rest of the world's dates next week.

Because of tour rehearsals, we have our returning female dancers with us, and three of the temporary guy dancers were gone.

Harry was talking with our other tour choreographer, so the rest of us were just screwing around. I, being the only one in this room who wasn't a professional dancer, was sitting on the floor talking to James while everyone else was dancing.

"So, Nick's not your boyfriend," James clarifies for the eighth time.

"No, he is not. It's a publicity stunt."

"Oh, okay."

I stare over at him, trying to figure out the reason why he's asked me about Nick so much.

"How was your little break?" I ask and nudge his knee. He smiled at me, his hair falling into his eyes.

"Good. Missed you though." Okay, now he's flirting. Cue the nervous laughing.

"Aw, I missed you, too, honey," Harry teased and came up behind James, knocking him over with his foot.

I giggled and accepted Harry's hand to help me off the floor. After, Harry helped James up who was mumbling about him being an asshole.

We started off rehearsals with learning the choreography for four of the songs I'd be performing on tour. I was tired from the plane ride and mostly frustrated. I wasn't getting the transition between two songs correct and it was putting me in a really bad mood.

Harry kept a watchful eye on me the entire run through and I knew he knew I was upset. Normally, he'd yell at me or would throw some sarcastic remark at me that I'd return. But today, he was a lot more patient and understanding.

But this was my tenth time trying the transition and it didn't happen how it should have. Again.

The other choreographer, Lenny, called for a break and I went off to the side and sipped on some water.

Why the hell did I have to keep screwing up? Everyone else is doing perfect and I'm standing over here like a fish out of water.

Your fans are depending on you for a good show, Jess, stop being such a screw up.

"Jessy." I turned my head to see Harry jogging over to me. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head and set my water down, not making eye contact with him. I was afraid all of my bottled up emotions right now would burst out and I'd turn into a mess.

"Nothing's wrong."

I sucked in a breath when his hands grabbed onto both of mine. I looked up and couldn't look away from his eyes.

"Just tell me. Is it because you can't get the one move? Cause it can easily be changed. Don't worry about that."

I shrug, honestly not really knowing what my problem was. I'm sure it's the stress of the new album and tour that's making me jumpy.