36: have fun

Hold onto your seats! Long chapter! Vote & comment cause the story got to #106 last week 😝😝😝😝 btw the author's note is kinda long, but it has a lot of info ;)

Jess

"I'm serious! You should sing. Please," Gemma begged. The party was in two hours and I still hadn't even gotten dressed. Gemma also wouldn't leave my room unless I agreed to sing at the party. She kept assuring me that there was only going to be about a hundred people there, which I thought was pretty funny since I've performed to well over 100 times that number.

"Oh, G-Money!" A voice called from downstairs. Gemma laughed to herself and got up off my bed. She walked to the side of the bed where I lay on my phone and grabbed it from my hands, pointing a finger at me.

"That's Krystal. Get your famous ass up and ready. We're leaving soon. And you're singing. End of story."

I giggled. "Yeah, okay, Gem."

She walked out the door, but then shortly after, reappeared. "Is anyone else coming to the party besides Nick Jonas?"

I gave her a suspicious look. "You mean anyone else famous?"

She smirked and nodded her head.

"As far as I know, there isn't."

She groaned. "I'll guess we'll have to suffice with you," she teased.

I stuck my tongue out at her and she disappeared out the door again.

I was honestly really excited for this party. It wasn't some A-Lister thing that I was forced to go to every so often by publicity. It was a friend of a friend's party and those aren't things I go to often at all. I felt more at home and more comfortable. There wouldn't be paparazzi inside of the penthouse and there'd be minimal outside. Hopefully.

"Son of a crap," Julia cursed from inside of the bathroom. She walks out with her hair in tangles. She wore a black, tight, long sleeved, sweetheart neckline dress. "Jess. Fix my hair, please," she grumbled, obviously unhappy with how her hair was treating her.

"I'm trying to do two fishtails on either side," she clarified. "Then tie them off in the back, but it keeps getting tangled."

I nod my head and focus on the knot she seemed to have tied in one of the braids. How could she screw up this bad? I laughed to myself.

"What're you laughing about? You're not even ready. What are you doing with your hair?" She asked. I untangle both of the braids and begin to start over on one.

"Not sure. I might text Meredith. She'll know." For the past two years, Mere and Caroline have always done my hair and outfit for New Year's. They helped me decide on the outfit for tonight, but I hadn't asked about a hairstyle.

"Who're they?" Julia blurted, wincing when I pulled her hair too hard.

"My hair stylists. They help with wardrobe, too."

She gave an impressed whistle. "Woah." She picked her phone up off the counter, careful not to move her head.

"Smile," she said. I looked up for a second, then quickly looked down once I realized she was trying to get me off guard.

"Julia! Stop!" I stuck my hand out in front of me to protect myself from embarrassment.

She cackled with laughter. "Is this really what you do with paparazzi, too?"

"I will leave your hair to suffer if you do not cut it out," I warn, pointing a hairbrush at her in the mirror.

"Can I at least get a picture of us for Instagram? And can I tag you? And can you like the picture? I mean, come on, a girl needs some more followers."