2: thank you

Jessica

"And the winner for 'Best Pop/Rock Album' with 4 nominations tonight, and her album 'Dreams'...Jessica Steele!"

Harry jumps out of his seat and I slowly get up, not believing that I won over Sam Smith, Beyoncé, and Taylor Swift.

I hug Harry and he tells me he's proud of me before I head up the stage. Demi Lovato congratulates me and hands me the award.

Oh my goodness. This isn't real. Now I have to make a speech I never wrote. I wish I would've listened to Meredith.

People are screaming left and right and I wave at a group of girls.

"I don't even know what to say. I've never won an award before. This goes to my fans who, honestly, are just my friends. You guys are the ones who keep me going everyday and I want to thank you all for understanding me and believing in me.

"Oh no, I have like ten seconds. Uh...thank you, Jane Collins, for dealing with me day in and day out. Meredith West for doing the same, and Harry Styles for always being there for me. I love you guys!"

I'm breathing hard as I follow Demi off the stage. She congratulates me again and we take a picture together. I make sure to tell her how big of a fan I am of hers before I got dragged off to change for my performance.

I'm relieved when I see Jane waiting for me. She had a huge smile on her face.

"I'm so happy for you, Jess." She gives me a hug.

"Thank you. How long before I go on?"

"Five minutes. Are you ready?"

I nod and try to shake off the nerves. I had butterflies in my stomach.

Soon enough, I was rushed on stage. A curtain separated the audience from view and I went over with my dancers.

"Hey, guys, you ready?"

The boys smiled.

"Oh yeah. Are you?" James asked.

"Nervous."

"You always kickass. Now, show them all who Jessica Steele is, yeah?" Carter squeezed my shoulder.

I nod. "Thanks."

"Get ready everybody. They're announcing!" A stage guy shouted. I breathed in and out several times.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the young lady who had stolen everyone's hearts and has broken numerous records with the release of her first album. Now off her second album, '11:59', here's Jessica Steele with a world premiere of 'Bang Bang'!"

Next thing I knew, the stage curtain was lifted. The band started and I lifted the mic to my lips.

"She got a body like an hourglass, but I can give it to you all the time."

•••

"Jessica, that was amazing!" Patrick exclaimed and stuck his guitar pick in his back pocket.

"Get in everybody!" I shouted. The seven and I got in a big group hug.

"You guys were amazing. I don't know what I would do without you guys," I tell them.

"Your voice is the most powerful thing I've ever heard," Devin said. I laughed.

"I'm not sure about that, but thank you anyways."

"Jessy!" I spun around and saw Harry. I hugged him and he kissed my forehead.

"I've never seen a crowd so buzzed. You did amazing."