42: happy birthday jess

I HOPE EVERYONE IN THE U.S. IS HAVING A SUPER 4TH OF JULY

Look at the POV !! (: but also watch for the switch in the middle & this chapter is over 5000 words soooo yeah ❤️
___
"He saw her before he saw anything else in the room." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

Harry

Her chest rose and fell evenly as she slept. Her leg was slung across my waist and her head laid on my chest and moved with my breathing. As I looked down at her, I could see her shiny dark hair falling in strands on her face. I trailed my fingers down and up her back and my other arm held her's that was on my torso.

It was almost ten o'clock, but I didn't want to wake her up, especially on her birthday. She looked way too peaceful...besides the drool stain now on my tee shirt. I didn't care, but I'd sure tease the hell out of her like she does about my sleeping habits.

Her phone buzzed loudly against the silence on the nightstand. I winced, hoping that this time she still wouldn't wake up. It's been going off since I woke up at around eight, but I was too glued into place to reach over and turn it off.

Her head turned on my chest and lifted slightly, but I couldn't see her face to see if she was awake or just shifting in her sleep. When I thought she'd lay back down, she suddenly rolled over onto her back beside me, her eyes open.

"Morning, birthday girl," I whisper.

The corners of her mouth curve upwards in a smile while she still stared up at the ceiling.

I lifted myself onto my forearm and moved my body on top of her's, hovering over with my arms on either side of her. She smiled up at me, her eyes gleaming with little specks of gold and the tiniest bit of green in the brown.

I bent my head down and touched my lips with her's before pulling back and placing a kiss on her forehead.

God, she's so breathtaking.

"Feel older, yet?" I ask.

"Nope," she answers, lifting her hands to cup either of my cheeks. Heat soared through my body when she pulled my head down so our lips met again.

"You should get ready," I tell her in between her kisses.

She pulled back and gazed up at me. "Why?"

"Because we're doing something."

I roll back over onto my back and get out of the bed, stretching my arms over my head, not missing how Jess's eyes went down to where my shirt lifted up.

I chuckled. "Get up, lazy!" I reach down and pull the covers off of her, making her groan and tuck her head under her pillow.

"I'm going down to get coffee," I coax, throwing my sweatshirt over my head and holding open the door.

"Two creams, t--"

"Two sugars, yeah, I know. Get out of bed, Jessy!" I tease.

I hear her laugh before the door shuts behind me. In the elevator, I lean against the wall and log onto my Instagram, looking through the pictures on my phone for one worthy enough to be a "happy birthday" post for Jess. There were several selfies from over a year ago and some of us at parties.

It was so weird to think we were so young back then, though it was less than two years ago. My hair barely passed my ears and Jess had side bangs and her hair hardly reached past her shoulders. In the picture, my arms were wrapped around her from behind. Both of us gave a funny face to the camera.

The elevator doors opened and I walked over to the breakfast area. Nobody was down anymore because it was closed, but the coffee and tea were still sitting out. I make a cup of coffee for Jess and mint tea for myself, though I was afraid of how it would taste.