57: soon

This gif kills me. JARRY SLAYS.

// Let's get this story ranked again !! It's been too long 🎉💋

Jess

It's the day after the the Style Music Video release.

The day Harry is leaving back to England.

I woke up at four in the morning, lying on Harry's bare chest. My hand lay flat on his stomach and his arm was around my waist, securing me to his side. I could hear his soft breaths fall from his mouth.

I wish I could stay here forever.

My thoughts ran to where I'd be in a week. I'd be at my first UK show. Would Harry be there? I don't know. The answer to that question always used to be a confident "yes".

Now I'd be going stretches of weeks - months without seeing him or touching him. I'd like to keep reminding myself that once June hits, things can go back to normal, but a lot can happen in four months.

Thoughts of another girl with Harry poisoned my mind. Him telling her sweet things, making sure she's okay, taking her on dates, loving her endlessly.

We've only dated three months, but I've known him for two years. I couldn't imagine my life without him.

But I did need to prepare myself for the possibility of never seeing him again. I had Julia, her family. I had Jane and Meredith and Caroline. I could be okay.

I didn't know I was crying until a small sob left my mouth. I lifted my hand from around Harry's waist and wiped the tears away.

Stop. Stop crying.

A long intake of breath signaled that Harry had woken up. I closed my eyes tight, trying to play off my unconsciousness. I felt his chest rise and fall irregularly.

His arm moves to adjust his grip around my waist. He curls me better into him and places a kiss against my head, resting his cheek on top afterwards.

I try to control my breaths evenly to make it seem like I was asleep, but I soon ran out of breath from my crying.

"Jessy?" Harry's voice croaked, raspy and broken from sleep.

I felt his head lift up and he tries to get a look at my face. He either knew I was awake or felt my tears on his skin.

I lift my hand again and wipe off my cheeks.

"Hey, hey, hey, why are you crying?" He asks, sitting up so that I did as well. I wrap the blanket around my chest, covering my nakedness.

"I-I'm not. I'm fine," I reply, not meeting his eyes.

His hands came up to cradle my cheeks as he got closer. "Tell me, baby, what're you thinking?"

I blink rapidly. "Just...nothing. They're just thoughts."

"You can tell me," he whispers.

I meet his eyes, but could hardly see them because of the lack of light in the room. The only source was the street lights outside of the window.

"I was just...thinking about us. Today you're..." I trail off.

"Come'ere." Harry held out his arms and I leaned into him. The both of us laid back into the bed. He rubbed his hands up and down the side of my arm.