62: talk about it (part 1)

WARNING: Sad chapter ;( & watch pov change

// RECKLESS IS GONNA HIT 1 MILLION !! ❤️
iM DEFinitELY CRYING rN 👑

April 15th, 2015
Seattle, Washington

Jess

I called Julia.

I didn't know what else to do.

Ever since I woke up this morning, I've been crying. A constant flow of tears poured from my eyes, and they never seemed to stop. As soon as I'd catch my breath, something would click in my brain and I'd start crying again.

I had somehow found the strength to get out of bed and call Julia.

"Oh, Jess. Here, let me get you some coffee," Julia walked into my apartment after I left it unlocked for her.

She saw my state, wrapped up in blankets on the couch, then hurried into my kitchen. Five minutes later, she returned with a mug of coffee with milk and a couple packets of sugar. She placed it on my coffee table and then sat beside me on the couch. She wrapped an arm over my shoulders.

"Do you need anything else? Have you eaten?" She questioned.

I shook my head. She took this as a sign of me needing food, but I meant it as I didn't need anything. She got up from the couch again and I saw her snatch my phone from the table. I didn't say anything about it. The worst she could do was call Harry, and I wouldn't mind seeing him right now.

I'd had the worst dream last night. Either it was a dream or the makings of my sleep deprivation.

*
"Why can't you come?!"

"Honey, this has been planned well in advance. We'll see another show once we come back. We'll fly to you."

"You promised you'd come to my first show in Seattle."

"That was ages ago...before your tour dates were made," Mom reasons.

I was livid. Who knew when the next time I'd be in Seattle was? This was important to me. I was going to be playing in my hometown. Now, all of a sudden, that doesn't matter at all.

My parents' stupid marathon matters more.

"Come say goodbye to your dad. We're leaving soon. Your grandma should be home soon. She misses you, too."

I ignore her and walk downstairs. I was throwing a temper tantrum. I couldn't help it. I was a seventeen year old who didn't get what she wanted.

I heard Mom following close behind me as I walked into the kitchen. Dad was packing some food into his bag for the plane ride. He sent me a smile.

"Hey, sweetie."

I ignored him as well and went into the pantry for a granola bar.

"Jess," Mom groaned, growing helpless.

I hear Dad ask her what was wrong with me and she gave him a hushed response.

I walk into the living room and sit on the couch. Within a few minutes, I hear the door close after they shout "I love you".

They were gone. They were going to miss my show in Seattle.

The next thing I know, I turn on the TV and news coverage of a bomb going off during a marathon in Boston played live.