19: closer

comment where you found out about this story :')

and voottee !

Jess

One week of promotion. One week of exhaustion. A week and counting of my album staying number one on iTunes. A week of PR stunting with Nick. A whole week, 35 hours, of tour rehearsals.

A week of Harry's odd behavior.

Twitter has been insane as well. My fans have won several awards including: MTV Biggest Fans and iHeart Radio Biggest Fan Army. I was ridiculously proud to call my fans my family.

So that's why I've been having meetings all week with publicists to try and plan something to give back to them.

"Jessica, your schedule is booked. You have to understand that we're trying the best we can with what we have and what time we have," a woman, Karen, spoke calmly. She was one of six sitting at a round table in our management's building. Yeah, we really do have meetings at round tables.

"After Christmas, you have to begin shooting for your music video. In January, there's a performance for The Voice, rehearsals, a 60 Minute interview, and shooting for your TV Special. Once February hits, so does your tour," Mark adds.

"I don't have any down time at all? Not a single day?" I ask.

Jane, who was beside me, scrolled through her calendar on her phone for a couple seconds before coming up with an answer.

"You have five days total off in January. Two days in a row and the rest spread out."

"Let's do something on all those days then. We can do an event on the two days, then I can visit other fans on the other three days," I suggest.

Some looked at me doubtfully and others agreed. Jane was one that looked doubtful.

"Jess, you do realize that if you do that, you won't have a day off until April, then you'll be back on until July, then until the tour ends in September."

Well there's nothing else I'd rather do. In my "free time" I'm bored out of my mind unless I'm on tour.

When I'm in different places in the world, I feel like I'm always doing something, even if I'm just lying in bed. The joy of just not being in one place at once keeps me so entertained, it's insane. Besides the jet lag that always follows, of course.

"Jane, I'm fine, really. I'd much rather do something for the fans than hang around a hotel. Plus, I want this more than anything. I'm doing it for me as well," I say.

She still didn't look completely sold over. "You'll be absolutely exhausted, babe, you do realize that."

I shrug. "I don't mind. I'll just drink a lot of coffee. It's just five days."

She still had a slight frown on her face, but didn't fight my decision anymore.

"Alright, we'll figure something out. Contact us if you have an idea of what you want to do," Mark said. He shuffled his papers and read what else we had to cover in this meeting.

"Okay, now let's discuss tour incomes and merchandise."

•••

"She take my money when I'm in need. Yeah she's a trifling friend indeed. Oh, she's a gold digger way over town that digs on me," James sings obnoxiously as soon as Kanye comes through the loud speakers.

"Now I ain't saying she a gold digger. But she ain't messin' with no broke broke," I rap and run over to the stereo and turn up the song.

"Get down girl, go ahead, get down," we sing together and do some "rapper movements" with our hands while we crack up laughing in the midst of it all.