47: wake up call

EARLY UPDATE. Watch POV change...VOTE AND COMMENT AS MANY TIMES AS LOUIS SAID THANK YOU TO US ON 5 YEARS. Let's try to reach higher than #10! (:

Harry

We were going way too fast. That I knew for sure. As soon as Jane told the driver that we were running late, he sped up the car and tried to make a red light, but instead, a car coming from the side, nailed us.

I had seen it coming before it happened. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know how to react. I grabbed Jessica, hoping that she wouldn't get much of the impact. But once my head hit the window, I lost my grip. I lost my grip on her.

Glass flew everywhere and I tried to cover my head. The car spun around on its wheels, miraculously not flipping over. The other vehicle hit the back end of the SUV so it just sent us spiraling in circles.

I had gotten most of the impact and I was okay. As okay as being conscious in this situation got me. So, that meant Jane had to be okay. Jess had to be okay.

My ears were ringing loud and I heard people talking outside of the car. I turned my head, sending a massive headache to reach my temples, causing me to wince.

I saw Jessica lying there. Her head was tilted out of the window. My heart stopped. It fucked stopped. No.

"J-ess," her name came out as a whisper. Talk, Harry! Call out her name! Wake her up!

"Jess," I said a little bit louder. I reached down, not taking my eyes off of her, and unbuckled my seatbelt.

I reached out to her, my head screaming with every small movement.

"Jessica." My voice was strong. I got a better look at her face as I scooter closer.

The whole right side of her face was covered in blood.

"Oh, no no no no no. Jessy, baby. Jessy," my voice broke with every word. This wasn't happening.

I heard a groan from the front seat. Jane. Please be Jane. Please help her, Jane.

"Jess? Harry?" She croaked, her voice quiet.

"It's Jessica, Jane. She's not moving. Th-There's so much blood," I cry. Tears are free falling down my face. I was so scared. I don't think I've ever been so scared in my life.

I hear a seatbelt release and Jane turns around in her seat to look at Jess.

"Oh my god, Jessica," she says quietly.

"Do we move her? Do we touch her? I-I-I don't know what to do..." I say. "Jessica! Wake up, please. Please, please wake up, baby, I-I can't...Jessica, you need to open your eyes. Say something."

"Don't move her. Just...reach out. Check her pulse."

I hold out my hand and grab her wrist that lay in her lap. After I check there, I go to her neck.

Oh, Jessica.

"It's-It's barely there," I tell Jane.

"Her eyes are fluttering!" Jane shouts suddenly, pointing to her eyes.

I quickly snap my gaze to her eyes. They were fluttering, but there wasn't any sign that she'd come out of unconsciousness anytime soon.

"Jessy," I whisper. "Please just be ok-ah!"

Pain. The worst fucking pain in my left side. I try to take in a breath, but instead I get pain. The pain in my head intensifies.

"Harry? Harry? What hurts?" I hear Jane call out.