New Kid

Melanie ran out of her house for the school day

Melanie ran out of her house for the school day. Belle lived a few houses down so they always walked together. Just as she was about to turn away from her house and towards Belle's, she stopped at the big red and white sign in her front yard. Melanie ran to the sign, pulling it out of the grass and ran back towards the house. "Mom! Kira!"

Kira ran into the living room from her room just as Melanie got back into the house. "What is this?" Melanie asked her mom as Kira's eyes went wide at what was in her little sisters hands.

"A 'For Sale' sign. It lets people know your house is for sale." Their mother said with a smile as their father sipped his coffee from the table. "I thought you were going to talk to them."

Noshiko sighed. "Mel, Kira, we told you two this was temporary." "That was after you told us we were kitsunes, and were going to have to destroy a dark spirit by stabbing and killing one of the few friends we've made in this town." Kira rambled and their mother smiled. "And you didn't have to. I call that a win."

"We're not going back to New York." Melanie announced and Noshiko raised her brows. "And why would we stay?" Melanie pursed her lips, looking around the house. "Because... Well..." "Dad's a very important teacher at the high school." Kira helped Melanie think of something, making the younger one of the two nod wildly.

"In New York, I was a professor at Columbia." Their dad said and Melanie quickly turned to glare at him. "You two will make new friends." "Not like these." Melanie whispered, shaking her head as she bit her lip.

"You don't know them like we do." She continued and Kira nodded. "Lydia, Stiles, Malia..." "Belle." "And Scott?" Noshiko asked Kira with raised brows.

"Who?" Kira asked and Melanie groaned, pulling her hand to her face. "He wasn't your first boyfriend and he won't be your last." Noshiko told her before turning to Melanie. "And you'll make new friends."

Melanie's jaw dropped at her mothers words as her and their father walked out of the house. "But Belle's my best friend." Melanie whispered as Kira let out a sad sigh. "And Scott's not my boyfriend."

...

"And that is how you do it Beacon Hills!" Belle cheered, spinning around in front of the goal after she caught the ball Melanie threw. Melanie smirked, picking up the ball with her lacrosse stick and throwing it towards the goal, the ball whizzing passed Belle, making her shriek at how close the ball got to her.

Melanie laughed, turning to Belle, expecting a glare but instead, Belle's jaw dropped, confusing Mel when she realized Belle was looking just passed her at something. She turned around and her eyes fell on a boy at the net across the field, catching every single ball being thrown at him.

"Way to go, Liam!" Garret screamed and Melanie's jaw dropped at Liam when she suddenly felt two people run up beside her.

She turned to see who it was and saw Stiles and Scott worriedly gripping their lacrosse sticks. "What are you two doing?" Belle asked, tipping the helmet up and off her head so they could see her face. "Practicing." Stiles muttered and Melanie shrugged, throwing another ball to Belle.